One of the biggest questions I get from folks is what they should serve their main dish with. I always say that it depends on what you like, what’s in season and how crazy do you want to get. However, this recipe would compliment just about anything with it’s simple flavors consisting of garlic and lemon. These oven roasted garlic green beans will work with beef, chicken, pork or fish and would go great chilled and cut up for a chopped salad the next day, you’re welcome!
If you love green beans then be sure to check out my boiled green beans recipe with butter glaze!
Oven Roasted Garlic Green Beans with Lemon
- 1 pound of fresh picked green beans
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- In a bowl toss together the beans, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper until combined.
- Next, place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and spread out.
- Roast the green beans in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until roasted but still al dente.
- Finish with lemon zest.