Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published June 27, 2022. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy-to-make roasted asparagus comes together in minutes and is the perfect side dish to serve up at any meal. You will love the simplicity and flavors in this recipe.
Roasted asparagus is a simple dish of asparagus that is coated in oil and seasonings and roasted at high temperatures in the oven until cooked. There are many ways to customize this dish to your liking which makes it a great vegetable to serve to family and friends.
Asparagus is in season during the spring through summer months. When purchasing asparagus, make sure the stalks are firm and the heats are bright green. They should not be soft or wilted in any way. There are also different sizes from skinny to very thick, but this recipe will work for any of them.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Asparagus – Use fresh asparagus for this recipe.
- Oil – I prefer to use olive oil in this dish.
How to Make Roasted Asparagus
Use these fool-proof procedures for making this delicious roasted asparagus recipe:
Trim the ends of the asparagus up by about 1” to 1 1/2”.
Spread the asparagus out on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Roast in the oven at 425° for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender but still slightly crunchy. Serve.
Other Ingredients to Add
There are many ingredients you can add to this roasted asparagus recipe while coating it with olive oil, salt, and pepper to enhance the flavor. Here are some of my favorites:
- 1 tablespoon of finely minced garlic
- ½ peeled and finely minced shallot
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: This recipe is meant to be served as soon as it is done cooking.
How to Store: Cover and keep the asparagus in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. These will not freeze well.
How to Reheat: Place the desired number of asparagus on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven at 350° for 4 to 6 minutes or until hot.
Chef Notes + Tips
- Be sure your rack is positioned in the center of your oven for this recipe.
- If you have thin asparagus, adjust the cooking time down to 7-9 minutes.
More Side-Dish Recipes
Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- 1 bunch of trimmed asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus up by about 1” to 1 1/2”.
- Spread the asparagus out on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at 425° for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender but still slightly crunchy. Serve.