Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published August 26, 2022. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This tasty simple-to-prepare roasted carrots recipe cooks in 30 minutes and is the perfect side dish to serve up with any main entrée. You will love the ease of making this delicious vegetable dish.
You should try serving these with my Chicken Kiev or as a tasty side dish to my Bone-In Standing Ribeye Roast.
Roasted carrots are a simple, flavorful dish consisting of carrots roasted in the oven with fat and seasonings to help enhance the flavor. There are also other ingredients such as fresh herbs or onions that the carrots can be roasted with to customize it to your liking. While the recipe has few ingredients, when cooked correctly, the taste is outstanding.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Carrots – Fresh stem on baby carrots are the best for this dish.
- Oil – Any oil will work, but I prefer to use olive oil for the best flavor.
- Garlic – A few garlic cloves help enhance the flavor while roasting.
How to Make Roasted Carrots
Prepare the carrots but trim them, leaving 1” of green steam.
Peel the carrots.
Place them on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper along with whole garlic cloves.
Drizzle on olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix to combine.
Roast in the oven at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender. Serve.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: These are meant to be eaten as soon as they are done.
How to Store: Cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can freeze these covered for up to 3 months, but they may become mushy very quickly when reheating.
How to Reheat: Add the desired number of carrots to a medium-size saucepot with a ½ cup of chicken or vegetable stock and heat over low heat until warmed. Re-season if they need it.
Chef Notes & Tips
- Feel free to substitute for regular carrots or trimmed down pre-packaged baby carrots.
- I prefer to leave about 1” of the green stem on for a more elegant appearance.
More Side Dish Recipe
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest, and if you’ve had a chance to make this, then definitely drop me a comment and a rating below.
Roasted Carrots Recipe
- 2 bunches of peeled and trimmed baby carrots
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Place the carrots on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper along with whole garlic cloves.
- Drizzle on olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix to combine.
- Roast in the oven at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender. Serve.
So simple. So tasty!
These carrots were delicious. My husband said they were the best he ever had…
So simple but oh so tasty!