Learn how to make this easy Homemade Hummus with Roasted Garlic and Flat Bread!
Homemade Hummus with Roasted Garlic and Flat Bread
- 1/2 cup of whole garlic cloves = 1/2 cup roasted garlic
- 1 1/2 cups of olive oil = will turn to roasted garlic olive oil
- 30 ounces of chick peas
- 2 tablespoon of tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne + more for decorating
- chopped chives for decoration
- Kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 6 pieces of flat bread
- To make roasted garlic place garlic cloves in a small pot with olive oil and roast on low heat until golden brown.
- Be sure to strain the garlic and reserve the oil. In a blender add in all remaining ingredients including roasted garlic and puree while drizzling in 6 Ounces of roasted garlic oil.
- Decorate with cayenne and chives. Place flat bread on the oven racks on 350 degrees for 2-4 minutes. Slice bread and place around hummus. Enjoy!