This loaded chicken nachos recipe is jam packed with an easy to make asiago cheese sauce, mozzarella, chicken and delicious toppings for the most amazing nacho recipe ever!
Whether you’re having friends and family over for a game watching event or just a get together, this recipe is a must make. It’s easy an easy to make appetizer recipe and it’s incredibly delicious, plus it will feed a crowd.
What Do You Put on Chicken Nachos
Nacho toppings are a bit subjective, but here are my favorites that are on this recipe:
- Cooked Chicken
- Asiago Cheese Sauce
- Black Olives
- Kalamata Olives
- Banana Peppers
- Green Onions
Nacho Cheese Sauce
The sauce used in this recipe is a simple bechamel with cheese to make a mornay sauce, just like in my lasagna Bolognese recipe, that is then mixed with shredded asiago cheese. It’s very easy to make and would make a great sauce for French fries as well.
Do You Bake Or Broil Nachos
You can actually do either, but if you want that browned melty cheese then broil them on high on the middle rack in your oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until as browned as you’d like it.
How Do You Assemble Nachos
When making chicken nachos, it’s all about layers and time in the oven. Here is you assemble them:
Add corn tortilla chips to a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
Pour the asiago cheese sauce all over the top trying to cover as much surface area as possible.
Evenly sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese and cooked chopped up chicken all over the top and broil on high for 5-7 minutes.
Finish by evenly sprinkling on the tomatoes, olives, banana peppers and green onions.
Are Chicken Nachos Healthy
While some nachos that you may get from a restaurant are usually made with processed cheese sauce and a high ratio of fat to lean ground beef, my recipe uses all natural products and lean chicken breasts to help make this a healthier delicious alternative.
Recipe Chef Notes + Tips
How To Reheat: These nachos actually will reheat pretty well at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until hot.
How To Store: Keep them covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
I used my perfectly cooked chicken breast recipe for these nachos.
If you’d like to save time you can purchase and roughly chop up a precooked rotisserie chicken.
You can absolutely by pre sliced olives.
Other cheese you could use in place of the asiago would be pecorino Romano or Parmesan.
Other things you can put on are pepperoncini’s, jalapeños, shredded lettuce, avocado or onions.
More Awesome Nacho Recipes
Chicken Nachos Recipe
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 white roux recipe
- 4 ounces shredded asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 9- ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bags corn tortilla chips
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup pitted sliced kalamata olives
- 1 cup sliced banana peppers
- 1 bunch sliced green onions
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the broiler to high heat.
- Add the milk to a medium size pot over medium heat and scald.
- Whisk in the roux and cook until it becomes very thick or nappe, think alfredo sauce. Cook for 5-7 minutes while whisking.
- Whisk in the cheese and keep warm over low heat.
- Season the chicken breasts on each side with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan over high heat and once it begins to smoke add in the chicken breasts and turn the heat to medium.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and flip over, turn the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, then flip again and cook for a further 5 minutes or until browned and cooked throughout. Or follow my perfect cooked chicken breast method of in the oven.
- Large dice the chicken.
- To Layer: Place the corn chips on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and layer on with the asiago cheese sauce, chicken and mozzarella.
- Broil for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned.
- Finish by adding on tomatoes, olives, peppers and green onions. Serve.
- How To Reheat: These nachos actually will reheat pretty well at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until hot.
- How To Store: Keep them covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- I used my perfectly cooked chicken breast recipe for these nachos.
- If you’d like to save time you can purchase and roughly chop up a precooked rotisserie chicken.
- You can absolutely by pre sliced olives.
- Other cheese you could use in place of the asiago would be pecorino Romano or Parmesan.
- Other things you can put on are pepperoncini’s, jalapeños, shredded lettuce, avocado or onions.