Man is this Beer Cheese Dip Recipe good, seriously! When I make this dip we literally make meals out of it for like 3 days. It’s super filling and loaded with so much deliciousness, which isn’t good for you, that you can’t stop eating it. Now there are a few tweaks you can do, like scale back on the shredded cheddar and substitute for velvetta which makes it creamier but a hell of a lot more toxic. You can also try different beers in this Beer Cheese Dip Recipe. I like New Castle because it gives it that toasted nut flavor, but feel free to experiment. Also just as a warning, this Beer Cheese Dip Recipe is pricey. Think about all the ingredients you are making, it isn’t cheap, so make it to impress others 🙂
Pin it up on Pinterest by rolling over the picture below!
- 1 roughly chopped yellow onion
- 2 roughly chopped jalapeños
- 3 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- two 28 ounce cans of plum tomatoes and juice
- 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce
- 1½ tablespoons of ground cumin
- juice of 2 lemons
- juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound of cream cheese
- 8 ounces of shredded mild cheddar
- 8 ounces of shredded white cheddar
- 1½ pounds of ground meat
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped cooked bacon
- ¾ to 1 bottle of dark brown ale
- ½ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup of sliced green onion
- corn tortilla chips
- Salsa: In a large hot pot with olive oil caramelize the onions, jalapeños and garlic. Once brown, add in tomatoes, adobo, cumin, lemon and lime juice and Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste. Cook for 10 minutes and puree until chunks are rice sized. Finish with cilantro. Keep warm or chill, depending on your preference. If you don't want to go through this process, just use 1 to 2 cups of your favorite salsa!
- Cheese: In a large bowl double boiler on high heat add in the cheeses and cook until melted. once melted turn the heat down to medium and keep warm.
- Meat: In a large hot saute pan with olive oil, brown the meat until cooked cooked through and caramelized. Once cooked add it to the melted cheese along with 2 cups of salsa, bacon, ale, cilantro and green onions. Serve with tortilla chips.