Homemade Apple Fritter Recipe with Cinnamon and Sugar are the perfect easy to make dessert that is topped of with vanilla bean ice cream and warm honey.
Is there anything better than a simple delicious dessert like this apple fritter recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make?
If you love these types of recipes then you will fall head over heels for this Homemade Apple Fritter Recipe with Cinnamon and Sugar.
Apple fritters are those tasty odd shaped donuts that you see at your local donut shop usually covered in some sort of glaze.
While I usually dig the glaze, I thought a cinnamon and sugar dusting would be more complimentary to this apple fritter recipe as well as the vanilla bean ice cream and honey I put over top!
If you were able to join me in the Franke Kitchen Systems booth at KBIS in Orlando Florida last month then you got to try this Homemade Apple Fritter Recipe with Cinnamon and Sugar live.
Everyone who hung out, watched the demo and got to eat them were beyond ecstatic at just how easy th eapple fritter recipe is to make as well as just how delicious they are.
While I served the apple fritter recipe up with some homemade whipped cream at KBIS, I decided to change it up a bit at home by topping off with vanilla bean ice cream and honey.
While both toppings were amazing, I’m a bit partial to the ice cream and honey on the apple fritter recipe because well, it’s ice cream!
How to Make an Apple Fritter Recipe
It probably takes a total of 25 minutes to make the apple fritter recipe batter, dice the apples and get a batch fried up, it’ seriously that easy.
The apple fritter recipe batter is a basic dough that uses eggs and baking powder to help the recipe rise as well as making it light and fluffy.
It’s important to whisk the eggs and milk in a separate bowl because often times if you just add the eggs whole to the dry ingredients it becomes difficult to completely whisk it due to the other ingredients, so do it separate.
Once you wash off the apples you then want to peel them up and slice them very thinly around the core.
I like to use a combo of sweet and sour apples so for this apple fritter recipe.
I used gala and granny smith apples.
You could absolutely use fuji, honey crisp in this apple fritter recipe or whatever sweet apples that you prefer.
While small dicing your apples just know that shape really does not matter, just as long as they are on the smaller side.
When you are done dicing up your apples you want to toss them around with a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg before folding them into the apple fritter recipe batter.
Frying an Apple Fritter Recipe
The batter is thick so folding in the apples to the apple fritter recipe batter may take a few minutes to make sure they’re completely mixed in.
Once the apple fritter recipe batter is formed then it’s now time for frying, which is really easy.
I use canola oil when frying up these apple fritters because it’s a little cleaner neutral oil with a high smoking point to ensure the fritters are cooked through and have a nice golden brown to them.
You want your oil to be In between 350° to 375° when frying these apple fritters, but if you don’t have a candy thermometer to test the temperature of the oil than just add a little bit of apple fritter recipe batter into the oil and if it fries up and floats to the top then you are good to go.
I add about 1 to 2 tablespoons of apple fritter recipe batter at a time to the oil but feel free to go bigger or even smaller if you’d like.
If you notice the apple fritters are turning brown quickly just simply turn the heat down a little so that they are still frying but not turning as brown as fast.
Serving an Apple Fritter Recipe
One your apple fritters are done frying you want to set them on a plate with a paper towel to drain off an excess cooking oil.
Next, toss the apple fritters in a bit of cinnamon and sugar and let them sit for a minute before putting them into your serving bowl.
I finally like to top off the apple fritters with vanilla bean ice cream and warm honey and whoa is this apple fritter recipe insane!
If you love this apple fritter recipe then check these out.
- French Silk Pie Recipe
- Apple Galette Recipe
- Blueberry Crostada
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Bundt Cake – from A Mind Full Mom
Homemade Apple Fritter Recipe with Cinnamon and Sugar
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups of whole milk
- 4 each small to medium sized gala and granny smith apples peeled, cored and small diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ cup of sugar mixed with 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- toppings: vanilla bean ice cream and honey
- Preheat some frying oil in a medium size pot to 375°.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the eggs and milk and then pour it into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- In another separate large bowl mix the diced apples with the lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg and fold the apples into the batter until combined.
- Using a 2 large serving spoons, spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of batter at a time into the oil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes while constantly moving it around. Be sure it is golden brown and cooked through out. Note: I could cook about 6-8 at a time in the oil.
- Drain the oil off of the fried apple fritters and toss in a bowl with the combined sugar and cinnamon mixture and serve with ice cream and honey.