Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published July 29, 2022. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This tasty classic gremolata recipe made of parsley, lemon, and garlic, comes together in minutes and will help add flavor to your next dish. You won’t believe how simple this s to prepare.
Gremolata is a classic Italian garnish made from minced parsley, lemon peel, and garlic. It is traditionally served over Osso Bucco but can be added to other dishes to help brighten them up.
I’ve often used gremolata, or a variation of it with a few other ingredients mixed in, to help liven up simply cooked proteins like beef, chicken, pork, or fish, to help enhance the flavor. Gremolata is a very easy-to-make topping that makes a dish go a long way.
What You’ll Need to Make Gremolata
- Parsley – Classically, Italian flat leaf parsley is used, but you can substitute with curly parsley if that is all available.
- Lemon – You will need only the lemon zest for this recipe, and it is best to use a Microplane to get it.
- Garlic – 1 finely minced garlic clove adds a nice punch of flavor to this.
Use these easy-to-follow procedures with images to make this tasty gremolata recipe:
Add the chopped parsley, lemon zest, and finely minced garlic to a small bowl.
Mix with a spoon until combined, and chill or serve.
Make Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: You can make this up to 3 days ahead of time. Simply keep it covered in the refrigerator.
How to Store: Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Cover the gremolata and freeze for up to 2 months. I like to put them in silicone ice cream trays and pull them out as needed.
Chef Notes + Tips
- Just like in a soup recipe, this will taste better a few days later as flavors will infuse more.
- Feel free to use most of the stems on the parsley as there is tons of flavor in them. Be sure to finely mince so that nothing is crunchy or hard to eat.
- In my Pork tenderloin recipe, I mixed ¼ cup of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, salt, and pepper to the gremolata and mixed until combined for a sweet, seasoned version.
You May Also Like
- 1 bunch finely minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- Add the chopped parsley, lemon zest, and finely minced garlic to a small bowl.
- Mix with a spoon until combined and chill or serve.