Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published June 2, 2021. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This tasty Cajun-style remoulade sauce comes together in minutes and is the perfect condiment to any sandwich or dipper.
Using sauces is such a great way to take your food to the next level. If you don’t have a lot of experience making sauces and are looking to try out a few then my chimichurri or my mornay sauce or must makes.
Cajun remoulade is a zesty mayonnaise-based Louisiana-style sauce that is excellent used when dipping in things like shrimp or chicken. It’s also excellent to spread on a sandwich or even as a salad dressing. The term “remoulade” has expanded to be a myriad of different things, but classic remoulade sauce was created in France and consists of tartar sauce and finely minced anchovies that is then mixed in. This is the creole-Cajun version of that classic sauce.
How to Make Cajun Remoulade from Scratch
Use these easy to prepare step-by-step instructions for making this Cajun remoulade sauce from scratch:
In a large bowl add in your homemade mayonnaise, or you can use pre-made.
Next, add in the ground mustard, garlic, prepared horseradish, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce, Worcestershire, lemon juice, and parsley.
Mix together all of the ingredients until they are combined. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: You can make this up to 3 days ahead of time.
How to Store: Cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 7-10 days.
chef notes + tips
- Use raw prepared horseradish, do not use creamy horseradish sauce.
- You can substitute out the garlic with garlic powder or granules.
- Any mustard ground from whole seeds will do, but if you can find creole mustard then all the better.
- Feel free to use any Cajun seasoning blend. I used my homemade blend from my jambalaya recipe.
More Sauce Recipes
Easy Cajun Remoulade Sauce Recipe
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix together using a spoon or whisk until completely combined.
- Optionally adjust any seasonings with salt and pepper.