Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published June 22, 2022. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy-to-make chipotle mayo recipe is a great way to spice your sandwiches or used as a sauce to dip in. You won’t believe how much flavor and balance this tasty sauce can add to what you’re serving.
Chipotle mayo is a simple-to-prepare sauce consisting of mayonnaise, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, lemon juice, and salt. It is commonly used as a topping on a sandwich, like my turkey burger recipe, or as a sauce to dip pommes frites (French fries) in.
This sauce is a great way to add spice to a dish or even enhance the flavor of whatever it is you are serving up. Believe it or not, you may even have most of these ingredients already in your cupboards.
- Mayonnaise – Start with a good full-fat mayonnaise for this recipe.
- Chipotle Peppers – You will need to finely mince a few chipotles and use the adobo sauce it is stored in as well.
- Acid – Any good clean acid like lemon or lime juice will work.
- Salt – I always use sea salt in my recipes.
How to Make Chipotle Mayo
Use these step-by-step instructions for making a homemade chipotle mayo:
Add the mayonnaise, minced chipotles in adobo sauce, lemon juice, and salt to a bowl.
Whisk until combined and serve or store.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: You can make this up to 2 to 3 days ahead of time.
How to Store: Cover and keep the chipotle mayo in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
Chef Notes + Tips
- If the sauce is too hot for you, add in some lemon or lime juice a teaspoon at a time until it begins to balance out. In addition. You can try adding in a ½ teaspoon of sugar as well.
- Another way to add some more flavor to this would be the addition of a 1 finely minced garlic clove.
More Sauce Recipes
Easy Chipotle Mayo Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 finely minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Add the mayonnaise, minced chipotles in adobo sauce, lemon juice and salt to a bowl.
- Whisk until combined and serve or store.