Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published June 22, 2022. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy-to-make chipotle mayo recipe is a great way to spice your sandwiches or used as a sauce to dip in. You won’t believe how much flavor and balance this tasty sauce can add to what you’re serving.
Chipotle mayo is a simple-to-prepare sauce consisting of mayonnaise, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, lemon juice, and salt. It is commonly used as a topping on a sandwich, like my turkey burger recipe, or as a sauce to dip pommes frites (French fries) in.
This sauce is a great way to add spice to a dish or even enhance the flavor of whatever it is you are serving up. Believe it or not, you may even have most of these ingredients already in your cupboards.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Mayonnaise – Start with a good full-fat mayonnaise for this recipe.
- Chipotle Peppers – You will need to finely mince a few chipotles and use the adobo sauce it is stored in as well.
- Acid – Any good clean acid like lemon or lime juice will work.
- Salt – I always use sea salt in my recipes.
How to Make Chipotle Mayo
Use these step-by-step instructions for making a homemade chipotle mayo:
Add the mayonnaise, minced chipotles in adobo sauce, lemon juice, and salt to a bowl.
Whisk until combined and serve or store.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: You can make this up to 2 to 3 days ahead of time.
How to Store: Cover and keep the chipotle mayo in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
Chef Notes + Tips
- If the sauce is too hot for you, add in some lemon or lime juice a teaspoon at a time until it begins to balance out. In addition. You can try adding in a ½ teaspoon of sugar as well.
- Another way to add some more flavor to this would be the addition of a 1 finely minced garlic clove.
More Sauce Recipes
Easy Chipotle Mayo Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 finely minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Add the mayonnaise, minced chipotles in adobo sauce, lemon juice and salt to a bowl.
- Whisk until combined and serve or store.