Croissant Bread Pudding with Champagne Zabaglione
This amazing Croissant Bread Pudding with Champagne Zabaglione and Dried Cherries will definitely wow your guests!
- 4 large croissants
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 9 egg yolks
- ¾ cups of sugar
- ¾ cups of dried cherries
- 1 cup of extra dry champagne
- whipped cream
- Cut up croissants into 1 inch squares and place them on a sheet pan and place in the oven on 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- In the mean time cut the vanilla bean in half long ways and add it to the 2 cups of heavy cream in a pot and scald the mixture on medium-high heat.
- Once scalded add to a mixing bowl with 6 egg yolks and ½ cup sugar and mix well. Be sure to scrape all the goodness out of the center of the vanilla bean and add to the mixture.
- Once the croissants are browned place them in a souffle dish and sprinkle the dried cherries on top.
- Next pour in the vanilla bean custard and place souffle dish in a 4 inch half hotel pan. We are cooking this in a water bath. Next pour water in the hotel pan filling half of it.
- Next, cover the whole thing with tin foil and place in the oven on 350° for 40-60 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before the bread pudding is finished, start making the zabaglione. In a metal bowl on a double boiler on high heat and add in 3 egg yolks, ⅓ cup sugar & champagne. Beat vigorously until thick and foamy. Takes about 8-10 minutes which is perfect because when this is done the bread pudding will be finished as well.
- Pour zabaglione over bread pudding and serve hot with whipped cream. Enjoy!