Pull Apart Queso Monkey Bread Recipe: Football season is in full effect and there isn’t a more satisfying recipe than this Queso Monkey Bread to show off to your friends!
Fall is my favorite time of year, because it means football, friends and of course lots of delicious food!
I’ve partnered together with RO*TEL and Velveeta to make 1 of the coolest appetizers of all time, Pull Apart Queso Monkey Bread. I made it years ago and figured I would show you guys in a video how easy it is to make.
Not only is this recipe super tasty but it’s also unique. I’m pretty sure your friends will be blown away at just how cool this queso monkey bread is, because chances are they’ve only had the sweet cinnamon-sugar monkey bread.
How to Make Queso:
RO*TEL and Velveeta make it incredibly easy to make queso because all you do is simply add the ingredients together in a medium size pot, heat it over medium heat until it’s melted and boom you’re done.
Now, since I want to stuff some crescent rolls with this queso I need it to cool down so that I can scoop it out. Once the queso is made, transfer it to a bowl and chill it in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
How to Make Monkey Bread:
Once your queso is cool you then want to scoop a little bit out, about 2 teaspoons and place it in the center of 1 crescent roll that is rolled out.
I then like to dab my finger in a little water and run it along the outside of the crescent roll so that it seals up nicely.
Fold up all of the ends of the crescent roll to make a nice and neat little queso stuffed monkey bread ball. Transfer it to a bundt pan and layer it in as tight as possible and then it’s time to bake.
I usually finish off the monkey bread with a little chopped cilantro but it’s totally up to you.
Next time you’re doing a little football homegating with friends and family, I definitely suggest you make this Pull Apart Queso Monkey Bread Recipe.
Pull Apart Queso Monkey Bread Recipe
- 1 pound of pasteurized prepared cheese product cut into 1” chunks
- 4 ounces of cream cheese cut into 1” chunks
- 10 ounce can of Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 3 packages of crescent rolls totally 24 crescent rolls
1-pound Velveeta® cheese cut into 1” chunks
1 10-ounce can of RO*TEL®, undrained
24 crescent rolls
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. 2. Add the Velveeta and RO*TEL to a medium size pan and cook over medium heat until the cheese is melted. Transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. 3. Next, scoop about 2 teaspoons of the queso out and place it to the center of 1 rolled out crescent roll. 4. Dab your finger in water and run it along the outside edge of the crescent roll and then fold up all the ends and seal it tight to make a little ball. 5. Transfer it to a bundt pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and repeat until all of the crescent rolls have been used and are placed in the pan. NOTE: there will be some leftover queso dip which you can serve alongside the monkey bread. 6. Bake at 375° for 25 to 28 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the rolls are cooked. 7. Serve!