You know what’s better than pork chops and applesauce that your grandma used to make? Double thick pan roasted pork chops with a homemade apple sauce that you can make for dinner tonight! You will be amazed at how easy this recipe is to make and in how short of time. The applesauce was so good my wife literally said she wanted to put it on ice cream, yes it’s that good! Impress your spouse tonight with this amazing recipe! In addition the apple sauce in this Pork Chops with Homemade Apple Sauce recipe is great to serve as a side. You could probably kick it up a bit using some sort of whisky, or bourbon or calvados to give the apple sauce an even more intense flavor. Also, if you’re bored of course, you could maybe use the apple sauce as a rub or marinade similar to a wet jerk style rub. Like I said before, this Pork Chops with Homemade Apple Sauce is a must make and you will be blown away at easy it is to make this, and it should become an immediate family favorite!
Here’s another picture of the pork chops and homemade apple sauce up close! Dang delicious!!!
Man does this look ridonkulously good!!!
Pork Chops with Homemade Apple Sauce
- 4 double thick cut pork chops
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6 Fuji apples peeled seeded, and cut into chunks
- 3 cups of apple juice
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large pot combine the apples, apple juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of salt and cook on high heat for 20 to 25 minutes.
- After it is done cooking cool it completely and place in a blender and pulse a few times until it becomes just slightly chunky and set aside.
- Next, season the pork on both sides with salt and pepper and place in a large saute pan with olive oil on high heat and sear on one side until they are golden brown (about 4 to 6 minutes). Once they are brown flip the pork chops over and finish them in the oven on 400° for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through out. Note: you can serve medium to medium well