Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published July 31, 2023. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These zesty grilled pork chops are juicy, tender, and jam-packed with flavor as they are cooked to perfection over the open flame. You will be blown away at how tasty these are and just how easy they are to make.
Grilled Pork Chops
Grilled pork chops are oiled and seasoned boneless or bone-in pork chops that are grilled over high heat until dark grill marks are formed, and the pork is cooked to the desired internal doneness. This is a very simple recipe that makes juicy, flavorful pork chops.
Pork can become dry and challenging in a matter of minutes, so it is vital that they are not overcooked while on the grill. It’s ok to serve pork at medium to medium-well temperatures between 145 and 155° Fahrenheit, with some pink in it.
- Pork – I used thick-cut bone-in pork chops.
- Oil – Olive or avocado oil works well for this recipe.
- Seasonings – I used my Mexican Spice Blend for a little kick. However, feel free to try any of my seasoning recipes or simply coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
How to Grill Pork Chops
- Start by mixing the spice rub with the olive oil on a large plate until combined.
- Coat the pork chops in the mixture on all sides and let sit and marinate for at least 20 minutes before grilling.
- Place the pork chops directly onto the grill and cook until grill marks are formed. Once they have reached an internal temperature of 135°- 140°, they’re done.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 2 to 3 minutes before serving. I love these pork chops with my black bean and corn salsa recipe.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: These are meant to be eaten as soon as they’re resting.
How to Reheat: I like to add the pork chops with a little bit of chicken stock to a large frying pan. Cover it in foil and cook it in the oven at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until hot. This will help keep it moist. You can also re-grill them on high heat (450° to 550°) for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until hot.
How to Store: These grilled pork chops will refrigerate well covered in plastic, lasting up to 4 days. In addition, this will also freeze well covered in plastic for up to 2 months.
Chef Notes + Tips
- It’s always important to rest any cooked meat so that the juices can soak back into it, making it more tender and flavorful.
- Reheating your pork will 100% cause it to increase in internal temperature, most likely start to overcook it and make it less juicy and tougher.
- You may need to add more oil and spice blend to the plate after a few pork chops have been coated to ensure the remaining uncoated pork chops are correctly seasoned.
More Pork Recipes
Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 Mexican spice blend recipe
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 10- ounce thick cut bone-in pork chops
- Preheat the grill to high heat (450° to 550°).
- Mix the olive oil with 2 tablespoons of the rub on a plate until combined, and dredge the pork in the seasoning rub.
- Let sit for 20 minutes and then place directly onto a hot grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until grill marks have formed and reached an internal temperature of 135°-140°.
- Remove the pork from the grill and rest for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.