I’m not sure there is much more to say about this dish other then WOW, it’s that freakin good. I am all about simple ingredients, simple foods with bold flavors and this Grilled Pork Chops Recipe with Tomato Corn Salsa is exactly that! Whether snow, sun or rain, I’m grilling and especially in the summer when fresh corn and tomatoes are peaking get out there and hook this up. Of course if you wanted to add a little more love, try adding some diced bacon or pancetta to the black beans. Well, my work here is done…. On to the next dish, happy grilling!
Grilled Pork Chops Recipe with Tomato Corn Salsa
For the Mexican Spices:
- 2 tablespoons of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry oreagno
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
For the Pork and Beans:
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- two 16 ounce cans of black beans strained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 3 cups of chiken stock
- two 8 to 10 ounce bone in pork chops
For the Tomato Corn Salsa:
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes seed removed
- 2 ears of shucked corn
- 2 serrano peppers seeds and ends removed
- 1 sweet onion peeled and cut into 1
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Beans: In a medium size sauce pot on high heat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil caramelize the garlic. Once brown add in beans and stock and simmer. Once all of the liquid is almost absorbed, season it with salt and pepper and turn the heat down to low. You only want it to remain warm.
Pork: While the beans are cooking mix all of the Latin spices together and season both sides of the pork chops very well (Note: Season don't dredge - there should be plenty of seasoning left). Place the pork chops on the grill on high heat. Cook until caramelized grill marks are made and until it is to your desired temperature.
Salsa: Rub the tomatoes, corn, peppers and sweet onions with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on the grill on high heat and cook until all of the vegetables are browned and cooked through. Note: peppers, tomatoes and onions will be slightly limp once finished.
Once the vegetables are brown chop them into 1? thick chunks and add it a bowl along with green onions, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
To Plate: Lay down the black beans with the pork chops on top. Add spoonfuls of the salsa to the top of the pork chops.