If you’ve got an early morning sweet tooth, then this delicious light and fluffy Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe is just want you need!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill. The opinions and text are all mine.
Man do I love buttermilk pancakes…
I’ve got great memories of my dad making a homemade buttermilk pancakes recipe every Saturday, or at least I begged him too.
As a kid is there a better breakfast out there then homemade buttermilk pancakes? I don’t think so!
How to Make It
Homemade buttermilk pancakes are super easy to make, and just like any baking style recipe it all starts with quality flour.
Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Organic Flour is the perfect all-around flour. Packed with flour for rustic breads and delicate enough for this homemade buttermilk pancakes recipe.
to make buttermilk pancakes you essentially mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, mix the wet ingredients in another and then simply combine them and mix until the batter is just combined.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
So, let’s talk about the key to making fluffy buttermilk pancakes.
While the ingredients are very important, a lot of making a fluffy buttermilk pancake recipe has to do with the procedures.
Since pancakes are supposed to be light and fluffy, you need to act that way when mixing the batter.
The key to fluffy buttermilk pancakes is not sifting nor overmixing. The batter should be chunky but a bit runny.
Those little flour chunks in the homemade buttermilk pancake batter is what is going to help them fluff up. So yes, chunks are good!
Best Buttermilk Pancakes
Making the best buttermilk pancakes is sort of subjective and in the eyes of the beholder.
You may like really thin pancakes, almost like a crepe or German pancake. You may like super thick big ol’ fat pancakes that are like a legit cake.
For me I like light, I like fluffy, and of course I like flavorful. The amount of sugar I put into this buttermilk pancakes recipe just gives it that extra love!
To further enhance the flavor of this buttermilk pancakes recipe you could add in vanilla, blueberries, oats, I mean seriously get creative and have fun, but the base of this recipe is absolutely delicious and can stand alone by itself. I’m just always trying to give you all a few more options!
Now go get your breakfast on!
Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- 3 cups Bob’s Red Mill Organic All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter + more for cooking
- . Preheat your griddle or pan to 350° or medium-low heat.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Next, in a separate large bowl whisk together eggs, buttermilk, milk and melted butter until combined and then pour it into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Very gently mix together the ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix! The batter should be a little runny and chunky.
- Next, add 2 teaspoons of unsalted butter to a frying pan or griddle and once melted ladle in some of the pancake batter, about ¾ cup.
- Cook the pancake for 2 to 3 minutes and flip it over. You’ll know it’s ready to flip over once the air bubble on top begin to pop.
- Once flipped cook for a further :30 seconds. Repeat the process until all of the buttermilk pancake batter has been used up.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup!
Oh yeah, PIN this one too!