Paleo granola recipe that is grain free and loaded with seeds, nuts, coconut oil, maple syrup and raisins for an unbelievably delicious granola recipe.
I’m in week 3 of this clean eating, so this paleo granola recipe is next on the list.
Since most of the recipes that I’ll be doing focus around dinner time, why not make a breakfast snack recipe?
I love breakfast, but it gets boring after like 1 week and then it’s cereal and carbs, which is essentially why I decided to make this paleo granola recipe.
It’s funny, I’m not even on some paleo diet but there are so many paleo granolas that I love that I figured I would make my own.
Now, this can be an expensive recipe because of all things I put in it, but you will have enough ingredients to make a ton of batches of this paleo granola.
Remember recipes are malleable, so take out or swap ingredients in this paleo granola that you see fit.
What is Paleo Granola
With all these new diets, why not throw another one in there like paleo!
Paleo is an all natural hunter-gatherer type of diet using all natural ingredients.
I mean I can totally dig this type of diet because this paleo granola recipe is bomb!
Paleo is a lean diet targeting vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruits and lean meats. Sure there are other things but these are the staples.
This paleo granola is all in on the seeds and beyond delicious with a touch of sweetness from natural maple syrup.
In paleo you can’t touch the refined sugars, which we didn’t.
How to Make Paleo Granola
Making paleo granola is pretty much the same as making regular granola, minus the oats.
Here’s a quick step by step on how to make paleo granola
- STEP 1: Select the nuts you want to use and pulse them in a food processor until the size of half peanuts.
- STEP 2: Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add in your seeds.
- STEP 3: Next, add in your coconut oil and flavorings such as vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- STEP 4: Flavorings can also include honey, orange zest, cardamom, etc.
- STEP 5: Combine all of the ingredients until completely mixed.
- STEP 6: Spread the paleo granola out on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and smooth it out until flat using a rubber scraper.
- STEP 7: Slow roast in the oven for up to 2 hours.
- STEP 8: Cool the seed granola and finish by tossing with raisins and coconut shreds.
Serving a Paleo Granola Recipe
I like to use this paleo granola recipe into an assortment of other things.
The paleo granola is phenomenal when served with a fruit smoothie.
It’s fantastic when used in a berry smoothie bowl.
Paleo granola is great eaten plain, but my favorite is when it is used as cereal.
Since the obviously the seasons change, that means toppings change in the fruit department.
In the spring and summer months fresh berries are great in this paleo granola, but in the winter time you may want to look to kiwis, apples, pears, mandarins and that sort of thing.
Regardless, this paleo granola is delicious, easy to make and I know you’ll love it.
If you are following along in my 5-part video detox recipe series, then check these recipes out!
Paleo Granola Recipe
- 1 cup each of raw almonds cashews, pecans and walnuts
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoons flax seeds
- ½ cup raw pepitas
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons raw maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 cup raisins
Preheat the oven to 250°.
Add the almonds, cashews, pecans and walnuts to a food processor and pulse several times until it is gritty and still some chunks are the size of half peanuts.
Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add in the seeds, pepitas, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, syrup and salt and mix until completely combined.
Pour the mixture out onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and spread out until flattened.
Bake at 250° for 90 minutes or until the seeds are lightly browned and cooked.
Cool the granola and then break up and toss with coconut shreds and raisins.
Here a few more images for pinning of this delicious paleo granola recipe!