Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published March 2, 2023. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Granola recipe with nuts is grain-free and loaded with seeds, nuts, coconut oil, maple syrup, and raisins for an amazing-tasting granola. You will be blown away at just how delicious this is.
Our family is big on ensuring we eat well for breakfast. If you are the same way, then you must try my Dutch baby or Italian Frittata.
Granola with Nuts
Granola with nuts is a grain-free granola that uses an assortment of nuts and seeds as the base for the recipe. It is coated in coconut oil and maple syrup for sweetness, then is baked until crispy and compacted together.
This goes excellent eaten as a cereal with milk, as a snack by itself, or served in yogurt. It is also delicious with fresh berries and winter fruits like citrus and apples, making it the perfect granola to make and eat all year.
- Nuts – I use an assortment of almonds, cashews, pecans, and walnuts.
- Seeds – Sunflower seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds are what I used in this granola recipe.
- Oil – coconut oil gives the perfect flavor to this.
- Spices – I like using ground cinnamon and some vanilla extract.
- Sweetener – Raw maple syrup gives just the right amount of sweetness to this,
- Salt – I always use coarse sea salt in my cooking and baking.
- Dried Fruit – coconut shreds and raisins help round out the flavors in this tasty granola.
How to Make Granola with Nuts
Select the nuts you want to use and pulse them in a food processor until they are about the size of a 1/4 to a 1/2 of a peanut.
Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add in your seeds.
Next, add your coconut oil and flavorings such as vanilla, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Flavorings can also include honey, orange zest, cardamom, etc.
Combine all of the ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
Spread the granola on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and smooth it until flat using a rubber scraper.
Slow roast in the oven for up to 2 hours.
Cool the seed granola and finish by tossing it with raisins and coconut shreds.
Serve or store.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: You can make this up to 1 week ahead of time.
How to Store: Cover in an air-tight container and keep it for up to 3 weeks at room temperature.
chef notes + tips
- Feel free to use whatever nuts you’d like in this, just as long as they are raw and unsalted.
- Dried cherries are also an excellent substitute for raisins.
More Breakfast Recipes
Granola Recipe with Nuts
- 1 cup each of raw almonds, cashews, pecans and walnuts
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoons flax seeds
- ½ cup raw pepitas
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons raw maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 250°.
- Add the almonds, cashews, pecans, and walnuts to a food processor and pulse several times until it is gritty and still some chunks are the size of half peanuts.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add in the seeds, pepitas, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, syrup and salt, and mix until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture out onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and spread out until flattened.
- Bake at 250° for 90 minutes or until the seeds are lightly browned and cooked.
- Cool the granola and then break up and toss with coconut shreds and raisins.
Been making this a lot great on greek yogurt and a few berries
Chef Billy this is the absolute best granola I’ve ever made .. Being diabetic this is a fantastic way to start day . I use unsweetened almond milk and fresh berries
Hello Billy! I’m definitely going to make this granola! I’m a huge fan of it, and having this recipe as one of our healthy breakfast dishes will be great, especially getting back into shape for the summer! I do have a couple of questions… how do you store this, and how long is the shelf life? Thank you!
I put them in plastic bags and it will hold up to 4 weeks.
Thank you so much!
What an amazing bowl of granola! I love all the goodness you packed into it!
Thanks Jocelyn, it really is delicious.
Such a great breakfast or snack idea. Can’t wait to try
Love this healthy amazing breakfast option!
thanks Rachel, it’s so good!
My kids loved it! Packed full of flavors! Delicious!
it is super great!
This granola is so hearty and full of flavor – and love that it is paleo!
it seriously so delicious!