Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe is a delicious light and fluffy baked pancake that is served up with honey coated berries and whipped cream.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bee Harmony® Honey. The opinions and text are all mine.
Dutch Baby Pancakes are one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast.
They are incredibly easy to make, and you get to customize them with all sorts of your favorite toppings.
With Bee Harmony Honey’s delicious raw varietals and with fresh berries starting to come into season, I knew I wanted to make a Dutch Baby.
What is a Dutch Baby Pancake
Dutch Baby’s are an Americanized pancake that really seems to be invented by itself.
Often times a Dutch Baby is confused with a German pancake or even a Dutch Pancake from the Netherlands, which are really thin and closer to crepes than they are American pancakes.
It’s hard to pinpoint the exact history of the Dutch Baby pancake in America, but some believe it was created by the Dutch and German immigrants that migrated to Pennsylvania.
In any event, Dutch Baby Pancakes are delicious!
How to Make a Dutch Baby Pancake
As I stated earlier Dutch Baby Pancakes are super easy to make.
Simply heat up a pan in the oven with butter and at the same time blend your ingredients then simply pour it into the hot pan and boom, finished.
Dutch Baby pancakes creep up the side of your pan while in the oven and look incredibly similar to a popover or Yorkshire pudding.
Dutch Baby’s are light, fluffy and really dang tasty.
Making a Dutch Baby Pancake with Honey
The Dutch Baby pancake I made was inspired by Bee Harmony Honey and their American Raw Berry varietal.
Bee Harmony Honey is raw honey that is made in the way nature intended, using responsible practices that respect bees and the environment. You can absolutely tell by the premium varietals they provide, with flavors coming naturally from flower nectar gathered by bees That’s why they call it The Beesponsible Honey.
It’s our job to take care of these precious bees as they provide so much for us with their valuable pollination services., and I am thankful Beesponsible is doing the work that needs to be done.
I was really digging their berry varietal of honey and thought it would be great to use it as a natural sweetener in as many places as possible. From the Dutch Baby batter, to the whipped cream and of course tossing it with berries. Try Bee Harmony Honey for yourself and use code CHEFBILLYPARISI to save 15% on your order at Beesponsible.com.
One of my chefs back in the day taught me the trick of tossing fresh berries with honey, lemon and a bit of fresh mint. This has always stuck with me and I believe it provides the most amazing flavored berries ever, especially with the berry varietal from Bee Harmony Honey.
You’re going to absolutely love this Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe.
Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of American Raw Berry Bee Harmony Honey
For the Berries:
- ½ cup each fresh blackberries blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons American Raw Berry Bee Harmony Honey
- 1 teaspoon of thinly chiffonade fresh mint
For the Dutch Baby:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup room temperature whole milk
- 1 tablespoon American Raw Berry Bee Harmony Honey
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Whipped Cream: add the ingredients to a stand mixer with the whisk attachment and mix on high speed until stiff peaks are formed, about 4 to 5 minutes. Keep cool.
- Berries: Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and gently mix until completely coated. Keep cool.
- Dutch Baby: Add the pan to the oven with butter and let sit for 4 to 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the eggs, flour, milk, honey and salt to a blender and blend on low to medium speed for :30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the hot pan in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned on top and cooked through.
- Serve with whipped cream and berries.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bee Harmony Honey. The opinions and text are all mine.