Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published February 13, 2023. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You will love this simple to-prepare avocado toast recipe that features a few fresh ingredients and comes together in minutes. This quick, flavorful dish’s simplicity makes it so great.
There’s just something about making breakfast and serving it to family and friends. It’s so comforting, always delicious, and one of my favorite meals of the day. If you want to try some new exciting recipes, then definitely check out my Shakshuka or French Toast.
Avocado toast consists of toast and fresh avocado and is commonly served for breakfast or brunch. It has become popularized in the last decade as a healthy, quick-to-make meal that is tasty and filling.
This has since been taken to a new level where a variety of additional toppings, spices, and flavors have been added to enhance the flavor. The beauty of this recipe is that it can be customized to work for you and your liking.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Avocados – You will need fresh ripe avocados.
- Bread – Any good artisan bread or sourdough bread works great for this.
How to Make Avocado Toast
Toast your bread in the oven at 400° for 4 to 5 minutes or in a toaster until lightly browned and crusty.
You can either smash the avocados or thinly slice them when serving them.
There are many things to add on top of the avocado after spreading it on top of the toast. A few things to help enhance the flavor would be adding a hint of lemon juice, 1 to 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Adding additional ingredients, you can take a simple avocado toast to the next level. Here are some of my favorite things to add to it:
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: These are meant to be eaten as soon as you are done making them.
How to Store: You can store these if you keep the toast separate from the avocado. Cover and keep the toast at room temperature for up to 3 days. For the avocado, mix with some fresh lemon juice, cover, and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Chef Notes + Tips
- Any bread can be used in this recipe.
- You will know when an avocado is ripe when it yields to the pressure while gently squeezing it. Another way to tell is if the top stem removes with ease using your fingers.
More Breakfast Recipes
Avocado Toast Recipe
- 4 large thick slices gourmet bread
- 2 peeled, seeded, and mashed or sliced avocados
- sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast your bread in the oven at 400° for 4 to 5 minutes or in a toaster until lightly browned and crusty.
- You can either smash the avocados or you can thinly slice them when serving them.
- There are many things to add on the top of the avocado after spreading it on top of the toast. A few things to help enhance the flavor would be adding a hint of lemon juice, 1 to 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.