Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published October 9, 2020. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This super easy-to-make honey butter recipe comes together in minutes and goes well on bread and proteins to help take them to the next level.
I’m not sure there is an easier-to-make compound butter out there that can more of a punch than this. It has a delicious combination of sweet and salty and goes excellent on various dishes or bread. This is also a recipe where most people already have all of the ingredients in their cupboards and refrigerator.
How to Make It
Follow these very easy instructions for how to make this:
- In a bowl, completely whisk together the melted unsalted butter, honey, and sea salt.
- Store in the refrigerator covered until it is ready to be used.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: You can make this butter up to 3 days ahead of time.
How to Store: Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. This will freeze covered for up to 6 months.
chef notes + tips
- To get the honey to pour easier, simply heat it in a microwave-safe bowl for 20 to 30 seconds.
- My suggestion is to pull the butter out at room temperature for 1 hour and let it soften slightly so that it is easy to apply to food.
Bread Recipes to Put it On
Honey Butter Recipe
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until they are combined.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator until it is ready to be used.