Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published January 28, 2016. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Man am I a huge fan of dips and this Football BBQ Chicken Dip is soo cool and so dang delicious!
This has to be one of the easiest dip recipes ever. Start by shredding a rotisserie chicken and add it to a slow cooker along with some cream cheese and this simple homemade BBQ Sauce. Put it on high for 30 minutes and then simply mix everything together. From there, cut a hole in the center of a football shaped bread loaf, there are plenty at your local grocery store, and stuff it up with the shredded chicken mixture, top off with shredded Colby Jack cheese and bake it in the oven!
I simply used some homemade ranch dressing to make the football laces but you could use some long green onion slices!
Serve it up with tortilla chips and some leftover chunks of bread from the hole you cut out.
Football BBQ Chicken Dip
- 2 cups of Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes, Drained
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 carved and roughly chopped rotisserie chicken, bones discarded
- 1 pound of cream cheese cut into 1” chunks
- 1 oval shaped loaf of sourdough bread with the center cut out.
- ½ pound of shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a blender puree together the diced tomatoes, brown sugar, molasses, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper until combined to make a bbq sauce and set aside.
- Place the chopped rotisserie chicken, cream cheese chunks and bbq sauce into a slow cooker on high heat for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Mix together and place in the center of the cut out bread bowl and top off with the shredded cheese.
- Place the bread on a sheet pan and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted.
- Serve the dip with tortilla chips as well as the leftover bread cut into 1” squares.