Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published February 20, 2019. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Shrimp Spring Rolls Recipe with Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce is a delicious easy to make a recipe that makes for the perfect appetizer.
I am a huge fan of spring rolls. They’re fairly easy to make, they’re delicious, and they’re relatively healthy. These are also a great gluten-free appetizer option for your diet restricted guests. My favorite part of these rolls is that you can make customize them to your liking.
How to Prepare
Golly do I love my Franke Chef Center. It allows me to wash everything in one place, prep everything in one place, and clean everything in one place. No wiping down after making shrimp spring rolls. Nope, I simply spray it down and then I’m done.
Instead of destroying a countertop with all the prep of these shrimp spring rolls I can keep it all there in the sink! This is a beautiful thing.
Ingredients to Use
As I stated earlier, my favorite part about these is that they are customizable. You can load the shrimp spring rolls up with whatever it is you like and want to serve up.
My choices were:
- spicy rice stick noodles
- red bell peppers
- green onions
- red cabbage
Obviously, I’m just scratching the surface on how many things can actually go into these rolls. You could add in things like avocado, mango, basil, red leaf lettuce, honestly, the ingredients are endless.
How to Make Them
Making these can be a little tricky because once the rice paper has softened, it is time-sensitive. You simply place all of the ingredients that you want to add into the roll right onto the softened rice paper and roll it up. If you’ve ever made a burrito, making these are the exact same process.
Fold things over from left to right into the middle and then roll it uptight I will caution you that it is wise to not overstuff it or else they won’t roll properly, and they’ll actually look pretty sloppy. To make sure they stay moist and don’t rip, place them in a container that is surrounded with damp paper towels.
How to Make the Sauce
I have to admit; this peanut butter dipping sauce recipe just makes this so good. I make mine a little different as I like to use coconut milk instead of water because dang is it just that much better. To finish it off, garnish it with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro and simply serve it up alongside those rolls.
More Amazing Appetizer Recipes
If you love this, then check out these appetizer recipes.
Shrimp Spring Rolls Recipe with Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
For the Spring Rolls:
- 15 sheets of round rice paper
- 1 1/2 pound of cooked and cooled 16/20 shrimp
- 1 seeded julienne cucumber
- 1 peeled julienne carrot
- 1 seeded and julienne red bell pepper
- ½ finely shredded head of red cabbage
- 3 julienne green onions
- 1 cup of cilantro leaves
- 2 cups of cooked and cooled rice stick noodles mixed with 1 teaspoon of sambal
For the Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- juice of ½ lime
- Add 1 sheet of rice paper to some warm water and submerge until soft and pliable.
- Place the rice paper down on a clean surface.
- Place a few shrimps, some cucumber, carrot, pepper, cabbage, green onions, cilantro leaves, and rice noodles to the center of the rice paper leaving about 1 inch to the left and the right of these ingredients.
- Fold the leftover to the right as far as you can and likewise the right to the left.
- From there roll up until tight. Repeat until all ingredients have been used. Hold in dampened paper towels.
- Sauce: Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- Serve the spring rolls alongside the dipping sauce.