Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published June 18, 2021. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Twist things up with this simple to prepare tasty avocado deviled eggs with cilantro and jalapeño for your next party.
Avocado Deviled Eggs
Avocado-deviled eggs are a trendy recipe that has a Latin kick to them. The avocado replaces the mayonnaise from a classic deviled eggs recipe and adds in a few more flavors to help round it out. The flavors are definitely different than a traditional recipe, so please notice that this will not taste the same. Here are the ingredients for this recipe:
- Hard-Boiled Eggs – Be sure to check out my perfect hard-boiled eggs recipe.
- Avocado – This will replace the mayonnaise but still has plenty of fat in it to help flavor this.
- Lemon Juice – This will add some acid as well as help the avocado from turning brown.
- Cilantro – This will add some nice lime flavors as well as a garnish.
- Onion – Finely minced onions will definitely take this to the next level.
- Cumin – Just my secret touch when it comes to adding some complexity with mashed avocado.
- Salt and Pepper – season to taste, I prefer sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
How to Make Avocado Deviled Eggs
Use these simple step-by-step instructions for making avocado-deviled eggs.
Slice the hard-boiled eggs in half longways and place yolks into a food processor and the whites on your serving dish, hole side up.
Add the avocado, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and pepper to the food processor and process until smooth.
Fold in the cilantro and onion into the avocado-yolk mixture.
Divide the yolk mixture evenly into the egg whites by spooning or piping the mixture into them.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and jalapeño slices.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: You can make these up to 1 day ahead of time.
How to Store: Cover and keep refrigerated for up to 3 days. These will not freeze well.
chef notes + tips
- Be sure your yolks are all the way cooked through.
- You can also mash the egg yolks and avocado using a fork and then mixing in the ingredients if you do not have a food processor.
- You may need to slice a small part of the bottom of the egg whites to help balance them and stop them from rocking back and forth.
More Egg Recipes
Avocado Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1 peeled and seeded avocado
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons finely minced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh cilantro + more for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced jalapeños for garnish
- Slice the hard-boiled eggs in half longways and place the yolks in a food processor. Add the whites to a serving dish.
- Add the avocado, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and pepper to a food processor and process on high speed until smooth.
- Fold in the onions and cilantro until well combined.
- Evenly divide the yolk filling between the 12 egg white halves using a spoon into each egg white.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and jalapeño slice.