Classic and ridiculously delicious, this T Bone Steak with Lemon Butter and Salted Baked Potato recipe is good any time of the year. The Lemon Butter finishes it off perfectly and the roasted garlic is an insanely awesome compliment as well. Of course, nothing wrong than a roasted salted baked potato with all the fixin’s.
T Bone Steak with Lemon Butter and Salted Baked Potato
For the Potatoes:
- 3 large washed Idaho potatoes
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of Kosher salt
- shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- chopped fresh chives for garnish
- chopped crispy bacon for garnish
- 2 whole garlic bulbs ends sliced off
For the Butter and Steak:
- 1 small diced shallot
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 8 ounces of softened unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped rosemary
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 lemons
- Lea and Perrins to taste
- 2 T Bone Steaks
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Potatoes: In a large bowl coat the potatoes with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of Kosher salt, and poke some holes in the potatoes using a fork. Once coated place on a rack in the oven and bake at 375° for 60 minutes. Note: place a sheet pan under neath to catch all of the drippings. Once cooked remove from the oven and set aside.
- Garlic: Place the garlic bulbs slice side down, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, wrap up in a foil tent and roast in the oven on 375° for 25 minutes. Once cooked remove from the oven and foil and set aside.
- Butter: In a small saute pan on high heat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, caramelize the shallots. Once brown add them to a large bowl along with the butter, herbs, lemon zest, lemon juice, Lea and Perrins and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Steak: Season the steak on all sides with salt and pepper and place on a very hot grill (400° to 500°) and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side to achieve a medium-rare internal temperature.
- To Plate: Place 1 tablespoon of the herb butter on top of the steak and serve along side the baked potatoes, roasted garlic and garnishes.