Chop Steak with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
Be sure to make this delicious Chop Steak with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms recipe!
- 12 ounces ground lean meat
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, sliced thick
- 1 cup domestic mushrooms
- 4 ounces beef stock
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- 1 ounce unsalted whole butter
- 1 Idaho potato, peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup diced raw bacon
- Kosher salt and cracked fresh pepper to taste
- In a hot skillet add in bacon and cook until crispy. Once bacon is cooked reserve to the side and use the same pan to caramelize the diced potato.
- Once they are nice and brown throw the bacon back in the pan, season with salt and pepper and finish in the over on 400° for 10-15 minutes.
- Next, form the ground meat into one 8-12 ounce patty. Season well with salt and pepper and in a hot skillet with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, sear ground meat to desired temperature (If you are not comfortable cooking the beef through on the cooktop, then finish in the oven on 400° for 8-12 minutes).
- Once meat is cooked set aside, and in the same pan add in onions and mushrooms to caramelize.
- Once the vegetables are nice and golden brown, deglaze with the beef stock add in the thyme and reduce the amount of liquid in half by cooking on high heat.
- Finish the sauce with butter and salt and pepper and pour over chop steak.
- Serve hot and enjoy!