DUDE! WOW! I mean sometimes the most simple things are the best aren’t they? This Steak Frittes Recipe with Lemon Herb Butter, literally consists of steak, butter and fries and it’s outta this flippin world! It’s a very classic French dish and still very awesome to this day. I cut the fries super thin so I could have more of them and could soak them up in the delicious lemon herb butter and steak juices. Ridiculously easy recipe to make if you have a deep fryer, but I definitely understand why this is not a dish made often at home because of that fact. You could definitely kick the fries up a bit with a little truffle oil, which I am sure you saw at the beginning of the video. I decided not to use it at the last second and didn’t want to take away from the lemon herb butter, but you could do it if you wanted to. I also had a lot of fun with the music as I found a French Hip Hop group and thought the song went perfectly :-). Please enjoy my 13th episode of Soigne for Steak Frites Recipe with Lemon Herb Butter.
A few pictures!
A big one for Pinterest!
- 12 ounce New York Strip Steak
- 8 ounces of softened unsalted butter + 1 ounce for sautéing
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh chervil (optional)
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 russet potato cut into thick julienne slices
- Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large bowl whisk together the 8 ounces of soft unsalted butter with the green onions, thyme, rosemary, chervil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper until completely combined. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Next, add 1 ounce of butter to a cast iron skillet on high heat and add in the steak to sear. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until caramelized and the desired internal temperature is achieved. Rest the steak on a plate for 1 to 2 minutes before serving.
- Fry the French fries until brown but still soft in the inside. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve the steak with a heaping scoop of the lemon herb butter and besides the fries.