Gosh, what can ya say, fried sweet potatoes and spicy mayo? Is there anything better? This recipe is ridiculously easy and quick to make and dude was it good. It was definitely made even easier with the deep fryer that I bought a few weeks ago, but to be honest I think you could bake’e, and get pretty close to the same results as I did. Instead of submerging them in hot fryer oil, simply coat them in a few tablespoons of olive oil and bake at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes or until crispy. Out of this Sweet Potato Fries Recipe with Sriracha Mayonnaise, I’m not sure what is better, the fries or the mayo. I guess I’ll say it, the mayo is flippin awesome and would be amazing with anything, chicken tender, veggies, regular fries, you name it, it will work! If you have a deep fryer at home, this isn’t a question of if you should make it, it’s a question of when you should make it! Also, this is a must try along with this Umami Grilled Turkey Burger Recipe.
On a side note, I was really happy with how the photos turned out.
A quick green onion garnish did just the trick for that little extra love in the dish. If you love all things fries then for sure check out this Parmesan Truffle Fries Recipe.
Sweet Potato Fries Recipe with Sriracha Mayonnaise
- 2 large sweet potatoes sliced longways
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- sliced green onions for garnish
- In a large bowl coat the sweet potato fries in the corn starch until they are covered on all sides. next add them to your fryer basket and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on 350° or until brown and crispy, and cooked.
- Once they are cooked remove the basket and drain the grease. Toss in a bowl with salt and pepper and green onions and serve on a sheet pan.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce and rice wine vinegar until combined. Serve with the sweet potato fries.