Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published December 28, 2022. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy-to-make sriracha mayo recipe is a great way to spice your sandwiches or use it as a sauce to dip in. You won’t believe how much flavor and balance this tasty sauce can add to your serving.
Sriracha mayo is a simple recipe consisting of sriracha sauce and mayonnaise with some citrus acid to help balance the flavor. This is a popular sauce to use on a sandwich or as a dipping sauce for recipes like my bacon-wrapped shrimp. Sriracha is a Thai hot sauce named after the town Si Racha, which is known for its seafood.
This sauce is a great way to add spice to a dish or enhance the flavor of whatever it is you are serving. Believe it or not, you may even have most of these ingredients already in your cupboards.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Mayonnaise – Use your favorite mayonnaise for this.
- Lemon – This will help tone down the spice of this sauce.
- Sriracha – You will need to purchase some sriracha if you do not already have some.
- Garlic – A finely minced clove will help enhance the flavor of the sauce.
How to Make Sriracha Mayo
Add the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, sriracha, and salt.
Mix until smooth and combined.
Adjust seasonings and store or serve.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: You can make this up to 2 to 3 days ahead of time.
How to Store: Cover and keep the chipotle mayo in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
Chef Notes + Tips
- If the sauce is too hot for you, add in some lemon or lime juice, a teaspoon at a time, until it begins to balance out in addition. You can try adding in ½ teaspoon of sugar as well.
More Sauce Recipes
Sriracha Mayo Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- sea salt to taste.
- Add the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, sriracha, and salt.
- Mix until smooth and combined.
- Adjust seasonings and store or serve.