Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published October 30, 2022. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This simple-to-prepare Dijon cream sauce recipe comes together in minutes and goes fantastic on beef, chicken, pork, fish, and vegetables. You will love the bold flavors from this.
A sauce can make or break any meal; I believe the easier to prepare, the better. Try out my chimichurri sauce or Herb and Garlic Butter that goes great on everything.
Dijon Cream Sauce
Dijon cream sauce is a simple sauce consisting of reduced heavy cream and mustard. It’s a tasty sauce with chicken, beef, pork, fish, or even alongside or on top of vegetables.
This is a sauce I learned to make decades ago at a restaurant I worked at. A few simple common ingredients and an easy technique will render a great-tasting everyday sauce to serve to friends and family.
- Cream – You will need heavy whipping cream for this recipe.
- Mustard – I use a combination of yellow, Dijon, and whole-grain mustard. However, you can use Dijon mustard.
- Seasoning – Sea salt is all you will need. The mustard will provide plenty of spice to balance out the sauce.
How to Make Dijon Cream Sauce
Add the cream to a medium-size saucepot and cook over medium-low heat while whisking constantly.
It will become very thick. Think alfredo sauce.
Stir in the different mustards and salt and serve.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: You can make this recipe up to 3 days ahead of time. Keep cool until ready to use.
How to Store: Cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. This does not freeze well.
How to Reheat: Add the desired amount of Dijon sauce to a small-size saucepot and heat over low heat until hot.
Chef Notes + Tips
- If you are looking to use milk instead of cream, you will need to make a bechamel sauce and add in the different mustards once it is finished.
- I prefer to serve this sauce with my grilled spatchcock chicken.
- The combination of mustard makes for a very flavorful, aesthetically pleasing sauce.
More Sauce Recipes
Dijon Cream Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- sea salt to taste
- Add the cream to a medium-sized saucepot and cook over medium-low heat while whisking constantly. Which takes about 8 to 10 minutes. It will become very thick. Think alfredo sauce.
- Whisk in the different mustards and salt and serve.
Love this sauce! Thanks Chef Billy!
have made this twice we love it
Fricking awesome 👌 👏 👍🏻