Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published May 25, 2022. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy-to-make homemade dijonnaise recipe is the perfect sauce to serve up on your next burger to help take the flavor over the top. You won’t believe how this simple sauce will be able to make anything taste delicious.
This homemade dijonnaise is a great sauce to serve up on top of my smash burger recipe or with my classic BLT recipe.
Dionnaise is a simple sauce consisting of a mayonnaise-based aioli combined with Dijon mustard. It’s a very popular sauce to serve up on cheeseburgers or even alongside pommes frites. Dijonnaise is very easy to make and is a great sauce to help spice up any dish.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Mayonnaise – Any good full-fat mayonnaise will work.
- Lemon – This will help brighten up the sauce and add some much-needed acid.
- Garlic – You will love the flavor in this sauce that comes from only 1 finely minced garlic clove.
- Mustard – Dijon mustard is what is classically used, but you can use a good spicy or whole grain mustard as well.
- Seasonings – Salt and pepper are all you will need for this.
How to Make Dijonnaise from Scratch
Use these step-by-step instructions to make this delicious dijonnaise sauce from scratch:
Add all the ingredients to a medium-size bowl.
Mix using a spoon or whisk until combined. Adjust seasonings, cover, and chill until ready to use.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: You can make this up to 3 days ahead of time, just keep covered and chilled before serving.
How to Store: Cover and keep this in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
More Sauce Recipes
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, YouTube Instagram, and Pinterest, and if you’ve had a chance to make this then definitely drop me a comment and a rating below.
Homemade Dijonnaise Recipe
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and ground white pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a medium-size bowl.
- Mix using a spoon or whisk until combined. . Adjust seasonings, cover, and chill until ready to use.
Recipes are delicious and easy to make. Thank you for sharing 😊