If there is one thing I wish I ate more of, it’s pasta. There is just something so comforting about making and eating pasta, not to mention it reminds me of my Italian grandparents. I’m not sure why I’ve strayed away from it the past few years, but every time I make it I’m in love. It doesn’t take long at all to prepare, you can put anything you want in it, and it always delivers on flavor.
As I’ve stated in other posts, my wife isn’t a huge fan of seafood, but she does tend to love the more expensive ones like sea bass, halibut, and of course, scallops. So keeping on trend of wanting to eat seafood that the whole family will like, I figured I’d caramelize up some U-12 scallops (12 per pound) and toss them around in some veggies, garlic, and pasta in a delicious buttery sauce. Not only is it easy to make and ridiculously delicious, but fish is high in omega-3s (EPA/DHA), which is a good fat. I added in the spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms to make sure we are all getting our veggies, and sautéed the scallops in I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, which contains omega-3 ALA, another good fat. Seafood and plant-based oils are a great combination of good fats, and when sautéing them in I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, the flavor is amazing! It’s how seafood should be cooked! Good fats are essential for a good life and an integral part of a balanced diet. Whether it’s avocado, seeds, or almonds adding good fats to any meal is beneficial.
The sauce in this Sea Scallops Florentine Fettuccini with Mushrooms and Tomatoes is everything! It literally consists of chicken stock and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. After sautéing your veggies, you let all that goodness simmer lightly in a buttery sauce for a really creamy taste.
When it comes to searing scallops, it is essential to have a really hot sauté pan to ensure they caramelize correctly. There is nothing worse than boiled protein, nothing. Scallops just take on a different flavor when they are seared brown; all of the natural sugars just come out giving it a beautiful sweet taste. After you flipped your scallops over, tilt the pan towards yourself and spoon up the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter drippings from the pan and pour them over the sautéed scallops. So good!
If you wanted to add a little more love to this dish, it’s a simple as throwing in some fresh chopped basil.
You can learn more about good fats and find more delicious good fat recipes on icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com. Don’t forget to pin the big picture below!
Sea Scallops Florentine Fettuccini with Mushrooms and Tomatoes
- 1 pound of sea scallops
- 2 cups of packed baby spinach
- 2 red tomatoes cut into 8 wedges
- 2 yellow tomatoes cut into 8 wedges
- 2 cups of sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
- 4 cloves of finely minced garlic
- ½ small diced shallot
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1/3 cup of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter + 2 tablespoons
- 1 pound of cooked fettuccini noodles
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Season the scallops on all sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan on high heat, add in 1 tablespoon of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter until melted and add in the seasoned scallops and sear for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Once they are caramelized on the bottom, flip them over and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove them from the pan once they are cooked and set aside. Scallops should be firm.
- In the same pan add in 1 tablespoon of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter until melted and toss in the mushrooms are caramelize.
- Once they are brown add in the shallots and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. At this point add in the tomatoes and sauté for another minute.
- Next, add in the chicken stock and remaining I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and simmer in low heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Finish by adding in the spinach, cooked fettuccini, salt and pepper and toss together until combined. Top off with the seared scallops. Serve hot.
One serving (1 Tbsp.) contains 2400mg of omega-6 LA, which is 14% of the 17g daily value for LA