I don’t cook with scallops too often, but every time I do I am amazed at just how good they are and why I need to eat them more often. They are honestly like the eating a sea steak haha. They are so meaty and so flavorful, and respond so well when seared golden brown and coated in herbs and butter. It’s as if the scallop was only meant to be drenched in white wine, herbs and butter. Sure it’s a little more on the classic side, but once you take your first bite you’ll know exactly why it is considered “classic.”
I absolutely love making herb butters, and in my time in the kitchen I’ve made quite a few of them. From truffle butter, to roasted garlic butter, I’ve always got some on hand that hold perfectly in the freezer, I just take a little dab out whenever I need it. The herb butter I made in this pan seared scallop recipe is sort of an all-encompassing butter which means it would go amazing on just about anything. I used a tub of Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil because it’s already soft and has the perfect blend of butter to oil.
Whenever I’m pan searing protein it’s essential that I cruise through the dairy aisle to pick up some Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil. Buttermay be the single most important aspect to pan searing anything. Not only does it provide flavor but it also helps to brown up whatever it is you’re cooking up in the pan. I seriously cannot express enough the importance of purchasing butter. When you buy protein, immediately head over to the dairy aisle, don’t think twice!
The process of searing protein is actually quite simple. You add a bit of oil to a pan and turn it to high heat. Once the oil begins to lightly smoke you then want to add in your protein and turn the heat down to medium-high. Now is the time to add yourLand O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil. Doing this will help brown up your protein to get that perfect caramelization to the outside. This process will give more flavor to your food then you can imagine.
This Pan Seared Scallops with White Wine and Herb Butter Sauce is really a quick and easy recipe to make for your family or when serving up at a party. They are wonderful eaten just as I prepared them here or over a bed of sautéed spinach and a side of polenta. The flavors are so rich and delicious that you’ll honestly think your home kitchen turned into a restaurant over night!
- 15-ounce tub of Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil + reserve 1 tablespoon
- 8 finely minced cloves of garlic
- ½ peeled and finely minced shallot
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh chives
- 2 pounds of scallops, foot removed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ cup of white wine
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the butter with canola oil, garlic, shallot, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, thyme, chives, and salt and pepper until completely combined. Chill.
- Season the scallops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan over high heat until it begins to lightly smoke. Add in the scallops and turn the heat down to medium-high.
- Immediately add in the 1 tablespoon of reserved butter with canola oil to help brown and season the scallops
- Turn the scallops over after 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Cook the scallops for a further 2 to 3 minutes or until the desired internal temperature is achieved.
- Remove the scallops and deglaze with the white wine and cook until it is almost gone over medium heat.
- Add in ½ of the butter with canola oil and whisk until melted. Reserve the remaining half in the freezer for a later date!
- Serve garnished with micro greens and parmesan cheese.
For more great tips and recipes, be sure to check out EasyHomeMeals.com, and be sure to follow them on their social media channels at: 1