Scalloped Potatoes and Chicken Dijon
This Scalloped Potatoes and Chicken Dijon recipe is a must try!
For the Potatoes:
- 1 finely chopped large yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons of finely minced garlic
- 2 peeled cut in half and thinly sliced large Idaho potatoes
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 2 ounces of unsalted butter cut into 1/2
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Chicken:
- three 6 ounce chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 finely minced small shallot
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of grainy mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced fresh chives
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
For the potatoes: In a saute pan add in onions, garlic, stock and butter. Place the potatoes on top of the mixture taking care to keep them together and uniform. Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven on 400° for 25 minutes
For the chicken: season the chicken breasts on all sides with salt and pepper and add to a hot large saute pan with olive oil and brown on both sides making sure to cook completely through NOTE: If you are not comfortable cooking chicken through completely on the stop due to burning, once they are brown you may finish in the oven on 400° for 7 to 9 minutes).
Once the chicken is done, set aside and add shallots to that pan and caramelize.
Once the shallots are brown add in the heavy cream and cook until is reaches nappe in consistency (think Alfredo sauce).
When the cream has thickened add in mustards, balsamic vinegar, chives salt and pepper.
To place place the chicken breasts over the potatoes and drizzle the mustard sauce on top of the chicken.