I remember when I was a kid I would always order a Root Beer Float for dessert. Not ice cream, or cake, or pie, I wanted an ice cream float. Well fast forward 25 years and I still want one so I went ahead and hooked up this Root Beer Float Recipe which literally consists of 5 ingredients, which you can make 4 if you want to just buy whipped cream out of a can. Relive your past with this delicious and easy to make Root Beer Float Recipe.
I went with homemade whipped cream and fresh cherries because why not?!
I also used Sprecher root beer… DANG good!
- 4 chilled bottles of your favorite root beer
- 1 quart of Haagan Daaz vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup of sugar
- fresh cherries
- In a standing mixer, whisk the heavy cream and sugar to form stiff peaks. Keep cool before serving.
- Next scoop the vanilla ice cream into 4 tall glasses and pour in the root beer into each glass.
- Top off with fresh whipped cream and cherries.