I gave in and bought a deep fryer… One of the hardest things for a chef at home is not having all of the equipment that you do when you work in a restaurant so sometimes you have to compensate, but often times it doesn’t end up working. However, this little Breville fryer is pretty sweet. It’s nothin to fancy, and dang did it make this Parmesan Truffle Fries Recipe to perfection! Once the fries are fried, it’s a really easy recipe to whip up! To be honest you could probably roast the fries in the oven for a “healthier” alternative. I don’t care what you do as long as you make this Parmesan Truffle Fries Recipe.
You don’t need ketchup, but what can I say it’s good with it too!
Try serving these up with this Mushroom Egg Burger with Grilled Onions
and on to the recipe…
- 3 sliced Idaho potatoes
- ⅓ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons of white truffle oil
- 1 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Place the sliced fries in a fryer or large pot of canola oil at 350° and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Once the fries are cooked strain from the oil and toss in a large bowl with the Parmesan cheese, truffle oil, parsley, and salt and pepper and serve.