Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published April 5, 2022. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These homemade truffle fries are taken to the next level with the addition of parmesan and truffle oil in this recipe. Once you try these, you won’t want a regular french fry again
These fries would be perfect when served up with my steak frites or alongside my classic cheeseburger recipe.
Parmesan truffle fries are a simple recipe that combines white truffle oil, parmesan cheese, and French fries. White truffle oil is a neutral oil, like canola, or safflower oil, that has been infused with white truffle peelings. In fact, you will usually see a small white truffle shaving at the bottom of the oil.
Truffle fries serve as a great side dish to a myriad of meals and will definitely impress guests and family with these simple extra steps to greatly enhance the flavor of regular French fries.
What Are Truffles?
Truffles are a mushroom and come in two colors, white and black. While alba truffles are native to Italy and can cost up to $1,600 a pound. Black truffles are indigenous to France and are much cheaper, but also do not have the intense mushroom flavor as the white ones do.
The combination of the distinct white truffle oil flavor will greatly enhance these fries, and also is great as a finishing oil on things like risotto or even fettuccine alfredo.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make It
- French Fries – Definitely use my pommes frites recipe for this.
- Truffle Oil – You can purchase this at an upscale grocery store or via Amazon. I recommend using a neutral oil truffle oil.
- Cheese – Finely grated parmesan cheese is my favorite but you can also use pecorino Romano.
- Seasonings – Salt and pepper is all you’ll need to finish off these fries.
How to Make Truffle Fries
Use these easy-to-follow procedures to make these tasty Parmesan Truffle Fries:
Wash and cut the potatoes into thick batonnet like slices.
Rinse the potatoes well washing off as much starch as possible.
Add the fries to hot oil in a pan or in a deep fryer at 300° for 3 minutes. Shake after 90 seconds.
Remove the fries and set them aside until ready to serve them. Turn the heat up until the oil reaches 350°.
When it comes time to serve the fries, this can be done right away, add the pre-fried fries to the fryer a few handfuls at a time and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the edges are browned. Feel free to cook longer for more browning.
Drain the fries and season them with truffle oil, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
Baking The Truffle Fries
You can bake the fries in the oven for a “healthier” alternative to these fried Truffle Fries. Here is how easy they are to make:
- Cut your fries, toss in the salt and pepper, and evenly spread them on a cookie sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425° for 20-22 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Toss with truffle oil and parmesan cheese.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: These are meant to eat right away. You could keep them warm in the oven on a cookie sheet tray lined with parchment paper at 175° for 10-20 minutes before serving.
How to Store: Cover and keep in the refrigerator for 3 days. Once they are cooked, they will not freeze that well.
How to Reheat: Add the desired amount of pommes frites to a cooked sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven at 350° for 3-6 minutes or until hot and crispy. You can re-fry in oil at 350° for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
chef notes + tips
- You can substitute for Yukon gold potatoes.
- Feel free to cut them thinner or thicker to your liking.
- Cook the fries for 1 to 2 minutes longer if you like them to be crisper and more browned.
- These would go incredible with aioli or comeback sauce.
- Pommes frites are classically fried in rendered beef fat, which can be hard to come by.
- For French fries, I prefer to fry them in vegetable, canola, or peanut oil. Feel free to use whichever oil you’d like.
More Side Dish Recipes
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest, and if you’ve had a chance to make this then definitely drop me a comment and a rating below.
Parmesan Truffle Fries Recipe
- 1 pommes frites recipe
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup white truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Prepare the pommes frites according to the recipe.
- Once the fries are cooked strain from the oil and toss in a large bowl with the Parmesan cheese, truffle oil, parsley, and salt and pepper and serve.
So easy to make and so delicious.thank you for sharing this recipe with us.yum!
It’s my pleasure, thanks for trying it!
My versión… I use sage instead of parsley justa suggestion
Sounds awesome. I always say recipes should just be used as a guide and the adapter should take it from there and change whatever works for them! Nice work!