One of the best parts about eating barbecue are all the side dishes. Whether it’s the potato salad, or the baked beans, I’m all about the sides. Cornbread is a must have at any BBQ and this Jalapeño Cornbread Recipe with Molasses is literally the best cornbread I have ever eaten. I surprised myself when I ate it. Had no clue it would be as delicious as it was. All I can say is I’m a fan, and it’s easy to make!
ohhhh boy does the molasses just make this!
salivating yet lol?
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 8 ounces of melted butter
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 2 cups fine ground cornmeal
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 seeded and small diced jalapeño
- 1/2 cup of light molasses
- non-stick spray
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar and butter until it is completely combines.
- In another large bowl whisk together the buttermilk and baking soda until combined and then whisk it into the larger bowl with the whisked eggs, sugar and butter.
- Fold in the cornmeal, diced jalapeño and flour until it is mixed together and pour it into a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and bake in the oven on 325° for 30-40 minutes.
- Slice the cornbread while warm and serve with butter and molasses.