Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published May 19, 2014. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
One of the best parts about eating barbecue are all the side dishes. Whether it’s the potato salad, or the baked beans, I’m all about the sides. Cornbread is a must have at any BBQ and this Jalapeño Cornbread Recipe with Molasses is literally the best cornbread I have ever eaten. I surprised myself when I ate it. Had no clue it would be as delicious as it was. All I can say is I’m a fan, and it’s easy to make!
ohhhh boy does the molasses just make this!
salivating yet lol?
Jalapeño Cornbread Recipe with Molasses
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 8 ounces of melted butter
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 2 cups fine ground cornmeal
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 seeded and small diced jalapeño
- 1/2 cup of light molasses
- non-stick spray
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar and butter until it is completely combines.
- In another large bowl whisk together the buttermilk and baking soda until combined and then whisk it into the larger bowl with the whisked eggs, sugar and butter.
- Fold in the cornmeal, diced jalapeño and flour until it is mixed together and pour it into a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and bake in the oven on 325° for 30-40 minutes.
- Slice the cornbread while warm and serve with butter and molasses.