Ever since I bought a deep fryer I feel like I have to try everything in it. I haven’t made fried green beans in at least 10 years, and it was back when I was in the restaurant industry. So now that I have this thing, it was time to hook’em up! This is a really easy recipe and you can make it with out fryer by simple frying in a pan, but the trick is to add in just a few green beans at a time or else you will get a huge weird clump of green beans, and it won’t be good. While this Fried Green Beans Recipe is awesome by itself, I felt the need to make a sweet and spicy dipping sauce using honey, Sriracha and a few other goodies. Be sure to try these out as a side dish to this Umami Grilled Turkey Burger Recipe. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to garnish with some sesame seeds!
- 1 pound of trimmed fresh green beans
- ½ cup of flour
- ½ cup of corn starch
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¾ cup of club soda
- ½ cup of Sriracha
- ¼ cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- dash of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, corn starch, baking powder, salt and pepper until combined. Next, whisk in the club soda.
- Put the green beans in the batter and add them 1 by 1 to your deep fryer on 350° and cook them for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain any oil by placing the green beans on a paper towel.
- In a separate medium sized bowl whisk together the Sriracha, honey, vinegar, fish sauce, water, and cilantro.
- Serve the fried green beans alongside the sweet Sriracha dipping sauce.