If you are looking for an absolutely delicious detox salad then for sure check out this shaved brussel sprout salad that is loaded with apples and vegetables for an unbelievable flavor.
It is detox time, which means it’s shaved brussel sprout salad time in my house.
I’ve been eating like a wild man lately and it’s time to cleanse this body with a shaved brussel sprout salad that is jam packed with nutrients.
Even my family agrees, this shaved brussel sprout salad is exactly what we need to kick off the new year.
Easy Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad Recipe
This shaved brussel sprout salad recipe takes just a bit of prep but once it’s done you can seriously eat it for a few days.
I tried to make this brussel sprout salad malleable so that whoever makes it can swap out ingredients to their liking.
For example, if they don’t like the dried cherries in this shaved brussel sprout salad then swap out for dried cranberries?
Or perhaps change out the almonds for pecans. Honestly, I want this shaved brussel sprout salad to work for you so get creative, find out what’s in season and on sale!
How to Make a Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
- Make pickled onions
- Hard boil some eggs and chill them
- Make the lemon and thyme vinaigrette
- Thinly shave the fennel and hold in water
- Medium dice the apples and hold in pineapple juice
- Extract the pomegranate seeds
- Thinly shave the brussel sprouts
- Assemble the salad
Toppings for the Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
If you watched the shaved brussel sprout salad recipe video then I am guessing you saw the assorted extra toppings.
I can’t stress enough to you that pick and choose whatever you want to go on this salad, BUT!
You should still keep the shave brussel sprouts, apples, dried cherries, almonds and blue cheese crumbles as the base and add things from there.
Yes, you can still swap out some of those base shave brussel sprout salad recipe ingredients but the combo of flavors in that one is awesome.
In addition, you noticed in my video, especially at the end, I mentioned you could serve this brussel sprout salad up with the chicken and salmon. So, you can, and you should!
Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad Dressing
The lemon and thyme vinaigrette that I made for this brussel sprout salad is so fire!
Honestly, I can see you using it all the time it’s that good.
Here’s how to make it!
- STEP 1: Add some lemon juice to a bowl
- STEP 2: Pour in some apple cider vinegar
- STEP 3: Add some mayonnaise
- STEP 4: Sprinkle in the fresh thyme leaves
- STEP 5: Sprinkle in a bit of sugar
- STEP 6: Season with sea salt and pepper
- STEP 7: Drizzle in oil while whisking until emulsified
Well you guys that’s all I got, I hope you all enjoyed this shaved brussel sprout salad recipe.
I’m not going to lie, this detox over the next month ain’t gonna be easy!
If you really liked this shaved brussel sprout salad recipe then check these salads out.
- Root Vegetable Panzanella Salad
- Poached Salmon Salad Recipe with French Green Lentils
- Classic Salad Nicoise Recipe
- Summer Caesar Salad Recipe
- Raw Vegetable Salad Recipe with Blue Cheese
- Thai Cucumber Salad – from All Day I Dream About Food
Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad Recipe
For the Dressing:
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ peeled and sliced red onion
- 2 pounds shaved brussel sprouts
- ½ shaved fennel bulb
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 each medium diced granny smith and fuji apple
- ½ cup blue cheese
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Optional Toppings: migro-greens pan seared chicken breasts, pan seared salmon
- Dressing: Add the lemon juice, vinegar, mayonnaise, thyme, sugar and salt and pepper to a medium size bowl.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking until the dressing is emulsified.
- Salad: Mix the vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl and submerge the sliced red onions in the mixture. Pickle for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- To Serve: Add the shaved brussel sprouts to a very large serving bowl and sprinkle on the shaved fennel, dried cherries, almonds, apples, blue cheese, hard boiled eggs, pomegranate seeds and pickled onions,
- Serve with optional toppings and alongside the vinaigrette dressing.