Ummmm, this Mexican Meatloaf Recipe with Chorizo Queso is the best meatloaf recipe and I’m not even kidding. You’ve got roasted peppers, bacon wrapped, queso sauce with chorizo sausage dumped all over meatloaf.. Yeah, exactly!
I know it may be weird but water soaked French bread and then completely squeezed out, and then added into the meatloaf is spectacular. It helps to keep it moist and delicious.
Simply mix it in along with some bell peppers, beans, onions, and a minced up chipotle pepper.
The queso is super easy to make, just cook off the chorizo sausage in a pot until it’s cooked through out, and then add in the pasteurized prepared cheese product along with 1 can of strained RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Chilies. Melt all that goodness together and you’ve got chorizo queso.
Line the loaf pans with bacon and add the meatloaf mixture in and then simply fold the extra bacon over top and bake.
I would also recommend serving this up with some chips, could be one heck of a nacho combo 🙂 You’re welcome!
Let the meatloaf sit for a few minutes before removing from the loaf pan, and slice and pour on the chorizo queso.
Mexican Meatloaf Recipe with Chorizo Queso
For the Queso:
- 1 pound of loose chorizo sausage
- 1 pound of pasteurized prepared cheese product cut into 1” chunks
- 4 ounces of cream cheese cut into 1” chunks
- 10 ounce can of Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
For the Meatloaf:
- ½ loaf of French bread submerged in water
- ½ small diced yellow onion
- ½ seeded and small diced red bell pepper
- ½ seeded and small diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 16 ounce can of drained black beans
- 1 finely minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 16 strips of bacon
- ¼ cup of sliced green onions for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375°.
For the Queso: In a small pot on medium heat add in the chorizo and cook until all of the pink is gone, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Next, add in the cheeses and Ro*Tel® and cook over low heat until the cheese is melted. Keep warm.
For the Meatloaf: Squeeze all of the liquid out of the French bread and add it to a large bowl with the onion, peppers, black beans, chipotle peppers, ground beef, eggs, salt and pepper and thoroughly mix together.
Next, line 4 mini loaf pans with 4 strips of bacon each and evenly fill each pan with the meatloaf mixture.
Fold the remaining bacon over the meatloaf and bake in the oven on 375° for 45 minutes or until the bacon is crispy brown on top.
Remove the meatloaves from the pan, slice and serve 2 to 3 tablespoons of the queso sauce over top. Garnish with sliced green onions.