Learn how to make this delicious classic homemade Italian dressing recipe that is bursting with cheese and herb flavors!
Growing up my dad used to marinate just about everything in Italian dressing and gosh was it so delicious. If you’re a big marinade fan, then definitely try this dressing out on my T-Bone steak or Chicken Breast recipe.
Italian dressing in its simplest form is much different than the Italian dressing we know of here in America. In Italy, it’s maybe red wine vinegar, olive oil, and sugar, and not much else. I’m not sure of how it changed once it came to the United States, but it has many more ingredients. Now, with that being said it is still delicious and incredibly easy to make.
Here are some things that you may find in an American Italian dressing:
- Olive Oil
- Red or White Wine Vinegar
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Parmesan Cheese
You can swap out dry ingredients with fresh ingredients and in addition, even add things or take them away to make it work for you.
How to Make It
Follow these simple instructions to make this tasty Italian dressing recipe:
Start by adding everything except for the oil to a large mixing bowl.
While continually whisking, slowly drizzle in the oil until the dressing has become emulsified
Recipe Chef Notes + Tips
Make-Ahead: You can make this up 5 days ahead of time.
How to Store: If using dry ingredients, cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 14 days. If using fresh ingredients, it will last covered for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
Feel free to use just olive oil or just salad oil in this recipe.
This dressing also works as a great marinade for vegetables or proteins.
More Dressing Recipes
Homemade Italian Dressing Recipe
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 2 teaspoons dry basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup salad oil
- Add all of the ingredients except for the oil to a large size mixing bowl.
- Whisk until everything is completely combined and smooth and then slowly drizzle in the oil while continuing to whisk.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make-Ahead: You can make this up 5 days ahead of time.
- How to Store: If using dry ingredients, cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 14 days. If using fresh ingredients, it will last covered for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
- Feel free to use just olive oil or just salad oil in this recipe.
- This dressing also works as a great marinade for vegetables or proteins.