Green Goddess Salad recipe is jam packed with fresh vegetables, rotisserie chicken and an amazing homemade green goddess salad dressing.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill. The opinions and text are all mine.
I am feeling so good, and this green goddess salad is reaffirming what I’m doing.
If you’ve just started to follow along, I’m in this 5-week cleanse coming off the holidays and this green goddess salad is keeping me on track.
My body is feeling great, my mental clarity and I’ve killed the afternoon coffee, for the most part anyways.
Now I can’t promise you that this detox is going to continue, but once you taste this green goddess salad you’ll forget all about the cleanse because dude is it good!
Making a Green Goddess Dressing Recipe
Green goddess dressing is so good, and I am shocked at how well mine turned out, considering it’s the healthy version.
A traditional green goddess dressing uses mayonnaise as its base, but I went with yogurt and it’s incredible.
If I had to put my finger on it, I would say my green goddess dressing recipe tastes like a healthy ranch.
The best part about green goddess dressing is just how easy it is to make!
- STEP 1: Add your yogurt, milk, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper to a blender.
- STEP 2: Blend on medium speed until the green goddess dressing is smooth.
- STEP 3: Chill the green goddess dressing recipe until it is ready to serve.
Green Goddess Salad
I actually never really had a green goddess salad until I ate the Panera green goddess salad about a year ago.
I love the flavors, knew it was healthy so of course I wanted to make a green goddess salad but with a ton of different vegetables and dressing.
I knew I wanted to add some Bob’s Red Mill Farro to the mix to have sort of a base.
Farro is like a cross between brown rice and barley and it’s amazing in this green goddess salad.
The next few things I wanted to add to the green goddess salad were rotisserie chicken, hard boiled eggs and bacon.
Yes, I know bacon isn’t too detox but it does pack a big punch to this green goddess salad even if using just a little bit.
Green Goddess Salad Ingredients
As I stated in the video, it’s important to remember that once you have your base of greens, farro, dressing and chicken the game is wide open.
My wife loves tons of ingredients in salads because well she loves veggies.
I like to pack a ton of vegetables into salads because it looks beautiful, it’s an easy way to get more veggies and they enhance the green goddess salad in the flavor department.
I want to stress that you can absolutely get carried away in the ingredient department so remember to find things that are in season, on sale and what you like for this green goddess salad.
In addition, you can absolutely swap out ingredients. Maybe you want to add peas instead of edamame, or perhaps you want to use green onions instead of red onions.
Whatever the case may be, start with a base and add what you want from there!
The ingredients I added to my green goddess salad in addition to the base are:
- medium boiled eggs
- sliced red onions
- sliced cucumbers
- sliced radishes
- chopped bacon
- pea tendrils
Serving a Green Goddess Salad
When I cook just about anything, I make sure I can feed 2 billion people, so serving up this green goddess salad in a gigantic bowl is a no brainer.
My family always tells me it’s because I’m Italian and that’s why I make so much extra food with each recipe.
At least I always have leftovers? Ok back to the recipe!
So, when I serve the green goddess salad I like to fan out the additional ingredients all over the top so that the people who are eating it can see all of the different options.
I know it’s not a huge deal but sometimes if you pre-mix the salad you are going to get people who hate onions yell at you for mixing them in.
See, everyone’s happier this way!
Well my friends that’s all I got, definitely makes this green goddess salad.
If you love this green goddess salad recipe and have been following along with my detox, then check out the other recipes as a part of the collection!
Green Goddess Salad Recipe
For the Dressing:
- 1 ½ cups yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- ½ cup each fresh green onions basil leaves and parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 5 cups field greens and romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 rotisserie chicken torn or cut into bite size pieces
- ½ peeled and thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup edamame
- ½ sliced cucumber
- 3 sliced radishes
- 6 medium boiled eggs peeled and cut in ½
- 2 cups pea tendrils
- 3 chopped crisp cooked bacon strips
- 2 peeled seeded and sliced avocados
- 1 to 2 cups of cooked Bob’s Red Mill Farro
- micro greens for garnish.
- For the dressing: Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend on medium speed until smooth and combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To Plate: Place the greens in a large salad bowl and evenly spread out or layer on the chicken, onions, edamame, cucumbers, radishes, eggs, pea tendrils, bacon, avocados, farro and micro greens.