Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published January 30, 2023. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Green Goddess Salad recipe is jam-packed with fresh vegetables, chicken, and an amazing homemade green goddess salad dressing. You will love the big bold flavors in this tasty recipe.
As I’ve gotten older, I seem to be eating more and more salads. One of my favorite parts of any salad is the dressings. If you are looking to try some amazing homemade dressing, then you must make my Buttermilk Ranch or Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Green Goddess Salad
Green goddess salad has more to do with the dressing than it does with the actual salad itself. The salad originally just consisted of romaine, and then a few years later avocado was added, then cucumbers, then a few more ingredients. Fast forward several decades and it’s essentially turned into a bountiful green salad loaded with vegetables and sometimes grains and protein. The salad has gone from basically a plain Caesar salad to your discretion.
The green goddess dressing however has remained the same and is still served today in restaurants across America. I’ve taken the liberty to make a healthier version of the dressing which I used in this recipe.
- Greens – Romaine is a staple in a green goddess salad. In addition to this, I also added in some field greens, such as spring mix. You can also use microgreens in this.
- Vegetables – This part can be altered. However, I used onions, edamame, cucumber, radishes, pea tendrils, and avocado.
- Grains – I used some cooked and chilled farro to make the salad heartier. This is an optional ingredient.
- Protein – This is up to you, and you can get creative as you’d like. I added in some roast chicken, bacon, and hard-boiled eggs.
- Dressing – You can use a regular green goddess dressing or my healthier alternative which is in the recipe card below.
How to Make a Green Goddess Salad
Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a blender and blend on medium speed until smooth and combined. Serve or cover and keep it in the refrigerator until it’s ready to be used.
Prepare the farro and then chill it until cool.
Make the hard-boiled eggs. Chill them in an ice bath and then peel and slice them.
Cut the chicken into edible-sized pieces
Place the greens in a large salad bowl.
Evenly spread out or layer on the chicken.
Next, place the onions, edamame, cucumbers, radishes, and eggs.
Now place on the pea tendrils, bacon, avocados, farro, and microgreens.
Serve alongside the dressing.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: You can make this spring salad up to 1 day before. Just be sure it is not yet mixed with the dressing. In addition, it would be best to wait to slice the avocado for serving.
How to Store: Cover and keep it in the refrigerator undressed for up to 3 days. This will not freeze.
Chef Notes + Tips
- Feel free to swap out or remove any salad ingredients to what you’d like.
- This salad is much more malleable and can be made with whatever or how many ever of the ingredients you’d like. Make this salad work for you and your liking.
More Salad Recipes
Green Goddess Salad Recipe
For the Dressing:
- 1 ½ cups yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- ½ cup fresh green onions
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 5 cups field greens and romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 rotisserie chicken, torn or cut into bite size pieces
- ½ peeled and thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup edamame
- ½ sliced cucumber
- 3 sliced radishes
- 6 medium boiled eggs, peeled and cut in ½
- 2 cups pea tendrils
- 3 chopped crisp cooked bacon strips
- 2 peeled, seeded and sliced avocados
- 1 to 2 cups of cooked Farro
- micro greens for garnish
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a blender and blend on medium speed until smooth and combined. Serve or cover and keep it in the refrigerator until it’s ready to be used.
- Prepare the farro and then chill it until cool.
- Make the medium boiled or hard-boiled eggs. Chill them in an ice bath and then peel and slice them.
- Cut the chicken into edible sized pieces
- Place the greens in a large salad bowl.
- Evenly spread out or layer on the chicken.
- Next, place on the onions, edamame, cucumbers, radishes, and eggs.
- Now place on the pea tendrils, bacon, avocados, farro, and microgreens.
- Serve alongside the dressing.