Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published February 15, 2023. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These amazing easy-to-make garlic parmesan potatoes are roasted to golden brown and are the perfect side dish recipe for any meal. You will love these flavors in this 30-minute potato recipe.
I love the variety of potato side dishes, but I can also get stuck in a rut by repeatedly making the same ones. If you’re the same way, try my Horseradish Mashed Potatoes or Perfect Baked Potato Recipe.
Parmesan potatoes are roasted potatoes coated in cheese, garlic, and oil and then roasted at high temperatures in the oven until the cheese and potatoes are golden brown. When the cheese melts and turns slightly brown, it sticks to the potato giving it an incredible crust and flavor.
These serve as an excellent side dish to any main course and can be enhanced by roasting them with dry herbs or spices or finished with fresh herbs. To me, the most important thing about this dish is to ensure they cook enough so that the cheese and potatoes are caramelized, which will intensify the flavor.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Potatoes – I used red potatoes for this recipe. If you can get baby red potatoes, only slice them in half, not quarters, as I did.
- Oil – Olive oil works well in this recipe. However, you can also use your favorite oil.
- Garlic – This will add so much flavor to the potatoes. Feel free to add a few more cloves or take some away depending on how much you like garlic flavors.
- Cheese – Freshly grated parmesan cheese makes this recipe.
- Butter – A few tablespoons of unsalted butter at the end make this dish much richer.
- Herbs – I used chopped fresh parsley for garnish.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Slice the red potatoes into quarters.
Next, add them to a bowl with olive oil, garlic, ¾ cup parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined using a spoon or rubber spatula.
Spread the potatoes in a single layer, cut side down, and evenly sprinkle on an additional ¼ cup of parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
Toss the cooked potatoes with melted butter and chopped fresh parsley.
Serve them as a side dish.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: These are meant to be eaten within an hour of you making them.
How to Store: Cover and place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. These do not freeze that well, so I advise against them.
How to Reheat: Place the parmesan potatoes in a pan or on a metal tray and bake in the oven at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until warmed and crispy.
Chef Notes + Tips
- You can also finish the potatoes with fresh herbs.
- Substitute with small Yukon or russet potatoes.
- You could use Pecorino Romano in place of the parmesan.
- Try tossing the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning for enhanced flavors.
More Potato Recipes
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds rinsed and quartered red potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Slice the red potatoes into quarters.
- Next, add them to a bowl with olive oil, garlic, ¾ cup parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined using a spoon or rubber spatula.
- Spread the potatoes out in a single layer, cut side down, and evenly sprinkle on an additional ¼ cup of parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Toss the cooked potatoes with melted butter and chopped fresh parsley.