I mean seriously, is there such a thing as bad mashed potatoes?! These Chive and Horseradish Mashed Red Potatoes would honestly go great with just about anything. In addition they have a nice little kick from the buttermilk and would go amazing with a big fat juicy steak! The best thing about mashed potatoes is how easy they are how to make and how versatile they are in flavor. For instance after boiling potatoes all you need to do is mash them, just figure out what other ingredients you want to put in there. You can add herbs, roasted garlic, etc. to enhance the flavor, but just remember for the best tasting mashed potatoes 50% fat and 50% potatoes. If I make just a standard mashed potato, I put in butter, cream, sour cream, and extra virgin olive oil and wow are they always awesome. Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper also and you may end up using a little more than usual since potatoes soak up so much. Anyways, enjoy this recipe for Chive and Horseradish Mashed Red Potatoes.
and a big one to pin!
Chive and Horseradish Mashed Red Potatoes
- 12 red potatoes
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- 2 ounces of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of olive
- 2 tablespoons of raw prepared horseradish or to taste
- ¼ cup of chopped chives
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of boiling salted water (the water should taste like the ocean) until they are soft enough to mash but not falling apart (about 15 minutes).
- Once the potatoes are done cooking, strain them from the water and return them to the pot.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mash together using a hand masher or an electric mixer.
- Serve hot.