The mornings at my house have recently become a bit more long and tiring because for some crazy reason my daughter has decided to get up an hour earlier than she has been. Since I’m already up at the crack of dawn, I let my wife rest and I get my daughter up and hang out with her until the Mrs. is ready to get up. It’s great because it gives me some quality time with my daughter and I get to feed her, which you know I love.
I always try to give my kid different foods so that she tries as much as possible. And with it being March Frozen Food Month, it’s a great time to try something new from the frozen food department. With the mornings being a bit longer now because she is getting up so early, this gives me more time to prepare breakfast. Don’t get it twisted, I don’t have an hour or anything, but I do have about 20 minutes to bust something delicious out. My daughter loves eggs and loves waffles, so why not combine’em both and save a little more time and energy throughout the long mornings with the help of my friends over at Eggo®! While I do have some time in the morning, no way is it enough to be whipping up some homemade waffles, so that’s where the frozen food aisle comes in handy.
I don’t have to worry about extra waffle batter, or who’s going to eat what, because with frozen Eggo® waffles I can simply take out as much as I need and leave the rest for another special morning. It’s super easy, incredibly convenient and dang tasty for my Breakfast Sandwich with Bacon and Avocado.
So the trick to keep clean up easy, is to fry the bacon in a cast iron skillet, set it aside once it’s cooked and then simply fry the eggs in the leftover bacon fat. TALK ABOUT DELICIOUS! Once the eggs are done to your desired doneness (I like over-medium), season with salt and pepper and top off with sliced green onions and boom you’ve got crispy bacon and a fried egg in less than 10 minutes. While the bacon is cooking, simply drop your waffles right into your toaster to toast’em up!
And because I don’t want my daughter to be eating only bacon and fried eggs, I topped it off with a nice healthy slice of avocado. To make sure your waffles stay nice and crispy, layer the sandwich with the cheese on the bottom. The cheese will help catch any of the goodness dripping off of the bacon and eggs and will make sure to keep those waffles crunchy and delicious!
And of course I always leave you with a big picture to Pin!
- 8 toasted Homestyle Eggo® waffles
- 4 strips of bacon
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of mild cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of sliced green onions
- ½ thinly sliced avocado
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat, add in the bacon and cook until crispy. Once brown, remove from the pan and set on a paper towel to drain and the cut in half.
- In the same pan on medium-high heat add in the 4 eggs and cook until the desired amount of doneness is achieved (About 2 ½ minutes on each side for over-medium).
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper and sprinkle on the sliced green onions.
- To Plate: Layer the sandwich by starting on the bottom with a toasted waffle, followed up with a sliced of cheddar cheese, eggs and green onions, 2 cut in half slices of cooked bacon, 1 to 2 thin slices of avocado, and the finely the other toasted waffle. Enjoy!