Man I can’t believe this is my fifth episode of SOIGNE [swan-yay]?! Time flies when you’re havin fun. So I know I say it every week, but this one may actually be my favorite one so far. It’s quick, has cool lighting, I dig the music, and the Creamy Pesto Pasta with Vegetables is DANG delicious! It’s hard for me to eat something that just has veggies and carbs with no protein so I decided to poach an egg and plop it right on time and IT was the perfect piece to finish off the dish. The yolk actually added to the creaminess of the pasta and literally could not have gone any more perfect with the rest of the pasta. Ok I know I am seriously the least humble sounding person when I write these but man I am just so dang happy and proud to be doing these. I really feel these videos are different and just love the feel of them, I mean after all I’m the one producing, shooting, editing, and food styling in them so why wouldn’t I love it? Any ways, please enjoy my fifth episode of SOIGNE for Creamy Pesto Pasta with Vegetables. If you missed last weeks SOIGNE video then check out Summer Salad Recipe with Figs, Peaches and Prosciutto.
A few pictures for you that are pin worthy
A different angle…
and a biggin. AND DON”T FORGET THE RECIPE BELOW!!!
- 2 cups of packed basil leaves + more for garnish
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan Cheese + more for garnish
- ¼ to ⅓ cup of olive oil + more for garnish and sautéing
- 10 stalks of green asparagus cut into 1 inch slices
- 10 stalks of white asparagus cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 sliced zucchini
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound of trofie pasta
- 4 poached eggs
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a food processor add in the basil leaves and lemon juice and pulse 4 to 6 times. Next add in the pine nuts and parmesan cheese and pulse 10 times. Stop and scrape the sides.
- Next while on low speed slowly drizzle in the olive oil to make pesto. Once combined, fold in salt and pepper and keep the pesto cool.
- Next, add olive oil to large saute pan on high heat and saute the asparagus and zucchini for 2 to 3 minutes or until they start to become brown and slightly tender.
- Add in the heavy cream and cook for 3 to 4 minutes and finish by folding in the pesto. Keep warm.
- Cook the trofie noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Once they are cooked, strain them and add them to the large saute pan with vegetables and pesto and fold them in. Season with salt and pepper.
- To Poach: simmer salted boiling water and gently add in an egg with out the shell. Cook for 2 minutes and remove
- To Plate: Place down the pasta and veggies into a bowl. Top off with a little olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Next add on the poached egg and cut so the yolk opens. Garnish with basil leaves.