When all else fails and I can’t think of a dang thing to make for dinner for the family I often turn to this Tomato Basil Pasta Recipe with Garlic. It’s quick, it’s easy and the family always seems to love it. Oh yeah, it’s really cheap to make! The great part about this dish is once fresh tomatoes come into season this dish get’s altered a bit and the canned tomatoes and sauce get replaced with chunks of delicious fresh tomatoes and olive oil. Anyways, I’m sure I’ll post about that this Summer, but for now if you are scrambling for something to make for dinner tonight, try this recipe as it is sure to be family favorite.
Make a really easy salad with spring mix, iceberg, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, mozzarella, salt and pepper and balsamic vinaigrette to compliment the pasta.
Of course what would pasta be with out Parmesan cheese?
A little close up!
So so good and easy, you will love it!
- 6 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- two 28 ounce cans of whole plum tomatoes and juice
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup of chiffonade fresh basil
- shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
- 1 pound of cooked angel hair pasta
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan on medium-high heat add in the butter until melted and then add in the garlic and cook until the garlic is barely toasted (2 to 3 minutes).
- Next, add in the tomatoes and stew on high heat for 6 to 8 minutes making sure to break up the tomatoes with your tongues or spoon.
- Finish the stewed tomatoes with vinegar, salt and pepper and basil right before serving.
- To Serve: Toss the tomato sauce and pasta and serve in a bowl topped off with Parmesan cheese and any extra chiffonade basil.