Be sure to try world famous Chef Billy Parisi’s Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe!
homemade spaghetti sauce recipe
Be sure to try world famous Chef Billy Parisi's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe!
- 1 small diced red onion
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 1 small diced white onion
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage no casing
- 1 pound lean ground meat
- 2 cups Merlot wine
- one 28 ounce Cans whole peeled tomatoes
- one 28 ounce Cans chopped tomatoes
- two 28 ounce Cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of dry basil
- 1/3 cup of dry oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of fennel seed
- 2 cups of cold water
- one 16 ounce can of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a Large pot on high heat, saute in 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 finely minced cloves of garlic and onions.
In two separate large saute pans on high heat, cook, sausage in one pan and the ground meat in the other until caramelized and cooked through.
Once the meat is caramelized and cooked through deglaze each pan with 1/2 cup of merlot wine. Then combine meat to vegetable pot. and deglaze the pot with 1 cup of merlot wine.
Add tomatoes and all dry herbs to the pot and water, and let cook on medium heat for 1-2 hours. Stir often.
Thicken with tomato paste and enhance flavors with vinegar, sugar, cheese, and salt and pepper.
Cook on low heat for 1 more hour. Stir often. Enjoy!