Be sure to try world famous Chef Billy Parisi’s Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe!
homemade spaghetti sauce recipe
Be sure to try world famous Chef Billy Parisi's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe!
- 1 small diced red onion
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 1 small diced white onion
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, no casing
- 1 pound lean ground meat
- 2 cups Merlot wine
- one 28 ounce Cans whole peeled tomatoes
- one 28 ounce Cans chopped tomatoes
- two 28 ounce Cans crushed tomatoes
- ⅓ cup of dry basil
- ⅓ cup of dry oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of fennel seed
- 2 cups of cold water
- one 16 ounce can of tomato paste
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup of Sugar
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a Large pot on high heat, saute in 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 finely minced cloves of garlic and onions.
- In two separate large saute pans on high heat, cook, sausage in one pan and the ground meat in the other until caramelized and cooked through.
- Once the meat is caramelized and cooked through deglaze each pan with ½ cup of merlot wine. Then combine meat to vegetable pot. and deglaze the pot with 1 cup of merlot wine.
- Add tomatoes and all dry herbs to the pot and water, and let cook on medium heat for 1-2 hours. Stir often.
- Thicken with tomato paste and enhance flavors with vinegar, sugar, cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Cook on low heat for 1 more hour. Stir often. Enjoy!