Take everything that is delicious about a BLT sandwich and mix it into a dip to make this BLT Stuffed Bread Bowl Dip Recipe. It is seriously the most amazing thing ever, especially after it’s been cooked on the grill outside.
I mean seriously who doesn’t love a BLT sandwich? Whether it be during those winter holidays or in the summertime we are always having people over so a quick and easy appetizer like this is always perfect!
One of my favorite things about this is that it looks super cool and the ease of preparing it. I mean you are really only mixing things together and then baking it, that’s it!
How to Make It
There are obvious things that go into this appetizer, bacon, tomatoes, but we aren’t going to be putting lettuce in this baked bread recipe. The lettuce would simply wilt and be well gross if we did that.
You can, however, use the lettuce as an accompaniment to this dip. You mix together the chopped crisp cooked bacon, tomatoes, cream cheese, green onions, shredded cheese, salt and pepper and boom you’ve got your filling.
Next, carve out a large bread round and pour the cheese filling into the center of it. Wrap the bread in foil and you can either bake it or grill it! I will say you could serve this cold if you wanted too… Just an FYI.
After you stuff up the bread with the dip you wrap it up in heavy-duty foil and cook on the grill for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the cheese is nice and gooey!
How to Serve It
The most important thing when serving this up is to do it on a platter with as many dippers as possible!
I personally love serving this BLT Stuffed Bread Bowl Dip Recipe with an assortment of dippers including crackers and carrot and celery sticks. Remember that you will have the bread that you carved out to stuff it up with. You can cut that up and serve it as well.
Be sure to give this a try at your next backyard tailgate.
My Favorite Appetizer Recipes
Here are a few of my favorite appetizer recipes
BLT Stuffed Bread Bowl Dip Recipe
- 2 pounds of softened cream cheese
- 1 pound of chopped crisp cooked bacon
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 15 ounce can Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes drained
- ½ cup of sliced green onions
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground pepper
- a large round loaf of bread
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- In a large bowl fold together the softened cream cheese, chopped bacon, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, green onions, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Next, carve out the center of the loaf of bread so that it is hallowed.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the inside of the bread bowl until it is completely full. It’s ok to over-stuff.
- Wrap the bread bowl in heavy-duty foil and place directly on a hot grill and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the BLT dip is hot.
- Serve the BLT Dip Stuffed Bread Bowl with remaining bread from the inside that was removed, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and assorted crackers.