Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published September 18, 2015. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This is how you take brats to the next level at your next tailgate! Boil them in beer, wrap them up in bacon and grill!
Top them off with a delicious sweet coleslaw countered with a srirarcha ketchup to balance it out!
If you do twice the amount of brats, the coleslaw recipe will serve 10! Plenty for an all day tailgate.
Grilled onions add that extra bit of love to these brats!
Big pic below for pinterest!
If you are looking for a slightly different coleslaw recipe then for sure try out this vinegar base coleslaw!
Bacon Wrapped Beer Bratwurst with Creamy Coleslaw Sriracha Ketchup
- 10 bratwursts
- 3 cans of beer
- 10 strips of bacon
- 1 peeled and thickly sliced large yellow onion
- 2 cups of of coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/3 cup of Hunt’s® Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of Sriracha
- hot dog buns
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Bratwursts: Place the brats, beer, salt and pepper in a medium sized pot and bring to a boil, and then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Next, wrap each bratwurst in bacon and prepare a grill with PAM® Grill spray and cook the brats on low indirect heat for 20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Toppings: While the brats are cooking place the onion rings onto the hot part of the grill (450° to 550°) and cook until soft and grill marks are formed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar and add in the coleslaw mix and toss until combined. Keep cool.
- In another separate bowl whisk together the Hunt’s® Ketchup and Sriracha until combined.
- To Plate: Place the cooked brat into a bun and top off with a few tablespoons of creamy sweet coleslaw, add on some grilled onions and top off with some Sriracha ketchup.