Its easy to get bored in the kitchen and stuck in a rut when cooking. I’m always testing and trying new things just to keep my kitchen spiced up! I knew I wanted to grill some veggies, but I wanted to get out of the rut of doing the same old stuff, so I figured why not do some Asian inspired vegetables with a soy and rice wine vinaigrette. Needless-to-say it was really good and dang easy to make. Another cool thing about this Asian Grilled Vegetables Recipe is that you can use whatever you want. Go to the store find out what’s on sale and use that! Oh, and try this Asian Drunken Chicken Recipe that goes perfect with these veggies.
Asian Grilled Vegetables Recipe
- 1 cup of trimmed green beans
- 1 zucchini cut into batonnet slices
- 1 yellow squash cut into batonnet slices
- 1 Japanese eggplant cut into batonnet slices
- 1 bunch of peeled and quartered baby carrots
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 2 ears of corned
- 1 bunch of baby bok choy
- 1/2 cup of safflower oil
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro leaves
- Place all of the vegetables in a large bowl along with 1/4 cup of safflower oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Next, grill all of the vegetables until browned and cooked through and then add to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the remaining safflower oil, soy sauce, honey, red pepper flakes and rice wine vinegar until combined. Add it to the large bowl of grilled vegetables.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro